Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Monthly to PAYG

Aldi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm currently on a Lumia with monthly payments to O2 but looking to get a Huawei and switch to PAYG. Do I just make the purchase and visit my O2 store to change the contract and transfer data etc?  Might there be difficulties transferring from non Android to Android? Please advise.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Aldi
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a Huawei Y6 2019, @jonsie  purchased new at O2 online.

Message 11 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Aldi wrote:

It's a Huawei Y6 2019, @jonsie  purchased new at O2 online.

You should be ok and fingers crossed that Trump sorts out the issues before the end of August. 

Message 12 of 13

Aldi
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well one has been up and running a couple of weeks now. smiling

Main bit of news is that the trouble and strife has now got one! (Huawei Y6 2019)  tongue_winking (She had a Lumia too, so a new one was inevitable) She kindly waived the 'ladies first' etiquette and let her old man trailblaze and suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune sussing out the complexities of the new phone. grimacing 

One sling /arrow was the time it took the Peterborough Guru to transfer my info to the new phone - an hour and a quarter! (Beware, the Lumia does pose problems here.) Give him his due he stuck at it, as my session was prebooked, in preference to others without bookings, and he tried pretty much everything.  

Yours truly was able to get away from the accusing glares of the other waiting customers and breeze off and do some shopping. tongue_closed

Anyway both very happy (when not under interrogation! How do you...? confounded). It ticks all our (modest) boxes.

Re tariff we're trying  Classic O2 PAYG (was on monthly tariff), and finding it very simple to keep a miserly rein on data usage.

You get a lot for your money with the Huawei Y6 (£99) and it scores well on ease of use, battery life, camera (13MP rear and 8MP selfie), and screen quality. Also good sound (91 dB speaker), facial recognition (but not if the light's behind you), and 6 inch HD+ display.

Roll on August ....

Message 13 of 13