cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Tariffs and Phones problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, apologies for my complete noobishness with this...

I had an HTC wildfire from Carphone warehouse with an 02 monthly 2 year contract.

THis ran out in February, my payments went to £30 a month - so I assumed that my contract had ended and I was paying a month by month charge. 

Last week I bought an iPhone4 for £315 with the intent of switching from monthly payments to Pay As you Go. The guy at Carphone Warehouse just told me to contact 02 to change my tariff, but I think it's more complex than that...

Logging into my 02 account I see that my contract has been renewed without my knowledge so the question is:

1. Am I locked into this contract for another 2 years and do I have to pay the remaining monthly costs to get out of it?

2. If I remain with the 2 year contract do I just return the iPhone and get my money back and pay for it on contract?

3: Does the sim remain the same? Is a Payasyougo and Contract sims the same thing?

4: I assumed Carphone warehouse would deal with 02 for me but clearly thats not the case.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I doubt the contract has been renewed but the end date quoted could be wrong.

Phone O2 on 202 and get it checked.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I doubt the contract has been renewed but the end date quoted could be wrong.

Phone O2 on 202 and get it checked.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

You Should have dropped onto a 30 day rolling contract when your monthly contract term ended.

They cannot renew to another 2 year contract without you authorising such.

If your past the 7 working days cooling off period I doubt you'll be able to return the iPhone.

As Perksie says you will need to speak to Customer Services to sort this out.

You will need to move onto an iPhone tariff if you opt to keep the iPhone.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93998 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You should be on a rolling 30 day contract. If you phone 202 you should be able to give notice and migrate to P&G.

Message 4 of 4