Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up query

Adam19782022
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have switched up using my o2 online no problem got the device and happy so far.

I have 14 days to return old device which is like new however my partner has asked if she can have the old device as its only 6 months old. What happens if I do not return it, can I keep that contract going as a separate contract to the new device?would switch up then apply to both devices in the future as I will effectively have two contracts on plus plans? Has anyone done this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148742 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions

@Adam19782022 

If you want to keep the old phone you will have to buy it at the cost that was owed by you at the time of the switch. 
It will also need a new contract which will be a sim only and switch up will not apply to it. 
Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11267 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Adam19782022 

Just to add you will automatically get a bill for the handset that hasnt been returned, which will be as @MI5 says for the amount outstanding at the time of you doing the switchup..  and that bill has to be paid in full... 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 148742 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions

Could also get a bit messy as I can see it confusing O2’s systems completely. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 125609 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Could also get a bit messy as I can see it confusing O2’s systems completely. 

It doesn't take much to confuse O2's systems!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 148742 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28439 Solutions

As we know only too well. 

Message 6 of 6