Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up is STILL broken.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Using Switch up after a bill is generated will result in an outgoing call and data bar.

The last 2 times I've switched up resulted in line disconnection because of non payment of £0.00 outstanding from the last device.

The switch up indeed fully settled the outstanding balance (including the billed but not paid amount) but it never gets reflected in some backend system that tracks billed amounts and payments.

The result is that you first will get an email informing you of the £0.00 you owe, then a few days later all outgoing calls and data are barred. The automated service tells you you owe zero and puts you through to automated payments that 9/10 will glitch out and thank you then hang up.

Once through to O2 they tell you that (monthly device plan) is outstanding, even though paperwork shows 100% switch up paid it as part of the switch up and full device plan is settled.

I've been on the phone for over an hour now and still not through to someone about this happening again.

This part of the switch up needs serious looking at, because as it stands, customers that owe nothing are being charged for an extra device plan payment under the threat of restricted service, even though it's a fault within O2 billing.

So, could someone please turn my phone back on

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@madasaf1sh that's exactly what happened last time. Ended up having to pay but then they refunded it to airtime, or should I say some of it for god knows what reason.

This time, level 9 BAR, and they wanted to do their investigation before they would touch the bar. After 11 requests and explanation that this isn't the customers fault and it's a glitch their end (which they fully admitted) they unbarred it this afternoon after a 90 minute call.

Not impressed at all.

And I know it will happen again next month.

Might get a pre emptive call in one morning to retentions or exec relations.

And yeah, the call centre was diabolical

Message 11 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

I am not looking forward to it, when I do a switch up to the Pixel Fold, as I know its going to be a clustermess

It really shouldn't be this difficult..

The wife has already said she is leaving o2 after a nasty experience with Cape Town... so this outsourcing to Crapita and Teleperfomance isnt really working 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 21

DougieHowser
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. Do you know why I still can’t do switch up in store? 

Message 13 of 21

David46
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had this issue on the 3rd of October and the guy was lovely on the phone credited my account removed the bar then 3 days later my phone was barred again, got a horrible person on the phone tried to demonise me saying I didn't pay my bill when I clearly did she got me frustrated to the point I wanted to speak to her manager wasn't happy she refused and started shouting down the phone at me, I called back through to complaints and made a complaint against her advised them I also work for capita and if we ever spoke to a customer like that we would be put through the disaplinary process. Her manager then got in contact and is investigating it for the hassle removed the bar In minutes and got an additional credit for the bad service, not everyone is bad in capita may be a controversial company due to contracts and offshore outsourcing which is the downfall but I was appalled at how I was treated 

Message 14 of 21

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

The problem as I see it is that the UK mobile 'phone networks Customer Service is [cough] mediocre. Unless you wife goes 'phoneless, will the Customer Service be better elsewhere ?

You actually want to have as little to do with the networks' Customer Services as possible. I am rapidly concluding that the route of least hassle is to buy your handset from a shop or direct from the manufacturer and then stick a PAYG SIM in it.

OK, you cannot get 5G on PAYG with O2 so there are disadvantages, but it is an option.     

Message 15 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Oxonian 

Thanks to the wonderful Exec Relations team, the boss has had a change of heart (the compensation may have helped slight_smile )

The best place for support is actually an MVNO called Honest Mobile where the CEO actually answers support chat, and the response time was 5 minutes, the total interaction was 10minutes... shame they use 3 and our 3 signal is crap.. 

@David46 

I agree not everyone in Capita is bad, but the Cape Town Contact Centre, is the worst I have dealt with... I used to love dealing with Dearne Valley, and the Platinum team (cant remember where they where based)… But I have also seen how they treat staff on some of there contracts...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 16 of 21

Oxonian
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Are you going back a long time with mention of Dearne Valley ? 

I remember 'phoning a call centre in the BT Cellnet era that was somewhere in Yorkshire. In those days, the customer service was splendid ! 

I will make a note of Honest Mobile for potential future use. Lebara seem to have a decent reputation too.

Message 17 of 21

David46
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dearne Valley were convergys back in the day and bought over by concentrix but when they merged they lost the contract to Capita as far as I'm aware, used to work on the Vodafone campaign in convergys (not Dearne Valley) but I remember the o2 sales centre was in a different room lol.

As someone who works for said company it's not a good look to be offloading their call centres to another country but then again its probably to do with value for money. Even our HR is now in Pune, India.

I managed to get my issue sorted rather quickly today after receiving that disconnection email, I picked the debt management team on the IVR and was put through to a chap in the UK who sorted my issue out immediately was able to hold the account until the next billing cycle so he can transfer the credit to the old device plan and couldn't be more apologetic for the hassle I had from the South Africa call centre. He also chased my complaint who I raised a concern about a member of customer service staff last week as she was shouting down the phone and arguing with me when I tried to explain that its an issue with switchup and hopefully the manager or complaints team will contact me in due course regarding it. I think the issue lies with the training the guys get in the call centre or it could be morale hard to say but I've never experienced being treated like dirt on the phone especially with one of the biggest networks in the UK.

Thankfully I'm happy with my new Z Fold 5 but it has put me off using Switch Up again.

Message 18 of 21

Oxonian
  • 9337 Posts
  • 216 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@David46 

Glad your Z Fold 5 is meeting your expectations. 

On the CS discussion, you are probably aware that Vodaphone are proposing to outsource their teams to Egypt ? 

Message 19 of 21

Viraj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea I’ve had the same issue. 

I contacted the customer care, they seemed to have no idea and was not able to provide any explanation. 

after 30 minutes of call on hold, they come back to me with an explanation about how my account was supposed to be charged but then I did the switch up etc etc.  

the bar goes off in 24 hours.  It’s ridiculous. I’m not happy at all with O2

Message 20 of 21