Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up is STILL broken.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Using Switch up after a bill is generated will result in an outgoing call and data bar.

The last 2 times I've switched up resulted in line disconnection because of non payment of £0.00 outstanding from the last device.

The switch up indeed fully settled the outstanding balance (including the billed but not paid amount) but it never gets reflected in some backend system that tracks billed amounts and payments.

The result is that you first will get an email informing you of the £0.00 you owe, then a few days later all outgoing calls and data are barred. The automated service tells you you owe zero and puts you through to automated payments that 9/10 will glitch out and thank you then hang up.

Once through to O2 they tell you that (monthly device plan) is outstanding, even though paperwork shows 100% switch up paid it as part of the switch up and full device plan is settled.

I've been on the phone for over an hour now and still not through to someone about this happening again.

This part of the switch up needs serious looking at, because as it stands, customers that owe nothing are being charged for an extra device plan payment under the threat of restricted service, even though it's a fault within O2 billing.

So, could someone please turn my phone back on

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Viraj 

It is usually a lot quicker, the best people to talk to are the Payment Management team, they seem to be a tidge more on the ball, when this happened to me the bar was removed within 20minutes... (it can take upto 24hrs).. 

Give them a call on 0800 902 0217

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 21 of 21