Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up is STILL broken.

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Using Switch up after a bill is generated will result in an outgoing call and data bar.

The last 2 times I've switched up resulted in line disconnection because of non payment of £0.00 outstanding from the last device.

The switch up indeed fully settled the outstanding balance (including the billed but not paid amount) but it never gets reflected in some backend system that tracks billed amounts and payments.

The result is that you first will get an email informing you of the £0.00 you owe, then a few days later all outgoing calls and data are barred. The automated service tells you you owe zero and puts you through to automated payments that 9/10 will glitch out and thank you then hang up.

Once through to O2 they tell you that (monthly device plan) is outstanding, even though paperwork shows 100% switch up paid it as part of the switch up and full device plan is settled.

I've been on the phone for over an hour now and still not through to someone about this happening again.

This part of the switch up needs serious looking at, because as it stands, customers that owe nothing are being charged for an extra device plan payment under the threat of restricted service, even though it's a fault within O2 billing.

So, could someone please turn my phone back on

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Maybe one for @Chris_K to take action on?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 21

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I wish someone would

Message 3 of 21

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

I've just been told they need to check with a manager if the bar can be removed, I should hear back from them in a couple of hours.....

Yeah no. Remove it now, it's not the customers fault.

They said they can see I owe zero and it must be a glitch.... But wouldn't unbar without manager say so.

Absolute pí55 take.

Message 4 of 21

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Now told they won't remove the bar until they have investigated.

Thanks O2, thanks a bunch.

Message 5 of 21

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Investigation will take 24 to 48 hours.

Phone won't be unbarred until completed.

Are you ******ing kidding me??

Is this the 3rd rate service we get now with our 17% price hike?

Message 6 of 21

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Screenshot_20230807_141037_Gmail.jpg

 note to ANYONE on switch up, you get this, enjoy the mess that follows.

Message 7 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12627 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

If @Chris_K is not about can you urgently take this on @Martin-O2 or @Breanna ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 21

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

If @Chris_K is not about can you urgently take this on @Martin-O2 or @Breanna ?

Hey - I am about but was lurking in the background trying to look into this one.

@viridis if I'm honest I'm not sure I've seen this one before. I've run some searches our end via Social and it's possible I've missed them due to the wording being used, but I'm not seeing anything similar. I believe you've messaged us on Twitter so I'll have one of the team pick this up so we can try and explore what's happened and why, and if this could be an issue somewhere on our side or if there's something odd account-side.

Sorry for the frustrations, but we'll get this ironed out!

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 9 of 21

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11603 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Chris_K 

I have had similar, where there was no outstanding balance, and a bar was applied to my account, I rang up to say it was an error, and they somehow applied a credit to the device plan, which then meant I had a minus balance, and when I rang up about it, I was told they would refund it me, which they couldnt do, as I didnt pay it, but took 14 days to find out, then as an apology they would credit it back to my airtime, then the 3rd time, nope not doing any of it. 

Through none of this did they have to speak to anyone to lift the bar..

Unfortunately at this point I emailed the CEO, as I had heard enough, and thankfully one of the lovely ladies in the Exec Relations team sorted it all for me..

@viridis   I agree sometimes the whole thing is made worse by the incompetency of the Cape Town Call Centre, who don't seem to know anything... 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 10 of 21