Did you mean: 

Switch Up credit check

Rulunajane20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I have recently upgraded to the iPhone 14 pro. I’ve had a think and I am better suited to the pro max, so I intend to use switch up to swap from the pro to the pro max once it comes back into stock.

By using O2 Switch Up, will I get credit checked for swapping to a different handset?

If so, is there a way to check I’m eligible for the Pro Max before handing over the 14 Pro? I wouldn’t like to be left with nothing if I somehow (touch wood) fail the credit check.

My credit score has dropped significantly this month which I’m trying to get rectified (fingers crossed it can get sorted) but I worry this will affect my ability to switch phones.

If I could, I would simply return the Pro right now but I’d be without a phone for over a month until pro max stock was available.

Advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146976 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28264 Solutions

@Rulunajane20 

Switchup involves a new contract, so yes, you are credit checked.

The only way to find out if you will be accepted is to apply and see what the computer says, unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 146976 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28264 Solutions

@Rulunajane20 

Switchup involves a new contract, so yes, you are credit checked.

The only way to find out if you will be accepted is to apply and see what the computer says, unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Rulunajane20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t recall getting credit checked when upgrading. I’m thinking of returning the phone and doing the upgrade process again while using a cheapie phone until the pro max can be delivered. 

Note to self (and others): don’t give away your old phone straight away after upgrading, you might need it back 😂

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 146976 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28264 Solutions

@Rulunajane20 

You don't get credit checked for upgrades but you do with switch up as it's not an upgrade - it's a new contract.

Message 4 of 4