Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subject access request.

Gazpreece_1974
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Goodmorning folks my first post so please go easy.

I recently put in a subject access request into o2 and it has been rejected, what I was basically asking for was a series of text msgs from my number to another o2 number and ONLY outgoing text from me to them over a 19 month period so not breaking any privacy laws to the other party. A lot is riding on this matter, now the subject access team are saying that they don't keep this info but we all know they do i,e, terrorism and organized crime investigations always find them don't they. but a court case could be lost if I don't get these. does that make sense....can anyone give me any advise on this, please.

thanks 

Gaz 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gazpreece_1974 Have you spoken to customer service about this? I will tag our community admin but they won’t answer until Monday. Call customer service on 4445 to speak with them 

@EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2

Message 2 of 16

Gazpreece_1974
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning and thank you for replying so soon yes i have spoken to customer services and they can't do a lot. I am suffering from depression and anxiety because of this whole problem not just with o2 so I'm not really in the right mind frame to call that department. i have a ref number of the letter i received yesterday, would that be any good to you.

many thanks,

Gaz

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gazpreece_1974 This is not O2 you are talking to here. This is a customer forum. We are all customers like you. We can’t access accounts. The only thing I can advise if you don’t want to speak to customer service again is to wait until our community admin log in on Monday to see if they can help 

Message 4 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Gazpreece_1974

No need to get worried or deperessed. As @Anonymous has pointed out, he has tagged our community managers into this post and they will be able to help you.

They aren't on till Monday now so please pop back to this thread then and I'm sure they will be in touch

Welcome to the forum by the way wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If there is a court case ongoing I assume you have a solicitor?
If so, I’d advise they contacted o2 officially for the information.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Gazpreece_1974
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi lovemyphone, yes I will wait till Monday thanks
Gaz
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gazpreece_1974 Your welcome & welcome to the forum 

Message 8 of 16

Gazpreece_1974
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Cleoriff thanks for that, Its not this issue i have with o2 thats making me the way i am but without going into too much detail. but ive lost my job of 10 years and the firm have admitted liability to an extent but the texts i need will prove its going back more than they want it to, if you get me
thanks again.
Gaz
Message 9 of 16

Gazpreece_1974
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
yes but they want me to try and get them 1st before they have to request them.
Gaz
Message 10 of 16