Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discount Not Working

emmacalx
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded my contract and found out I could get 20% off my bill with O2 Refresh and UniDays. I tried to text my code to 61202 but it didn’t work. I called customer services who said it was because my new contract hadn’t been processed yet - fair enough. I received a few texts and emails tonight to say my new phone is on its way and my tariff has been updated to my new contract so I tried to text my code again but it’s still coming up with the same error! It says “ O2: Sorry we didn't recognise that. Please check your keyword and try again.”. I’ve read a few of these posts on the Community pages but haven’t found a solution yet. Please help 😞
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@emmacalx 

Probably needs a few days more to update.

Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You will have to persevere

You'll need to call customer service.
Numbers here

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
Or advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:
If you call 202, when it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say any option if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Message 3 of 8

emmacalx
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Also meant to say - I have checked and the discount is available on my selected phone/tariff. And I’ve followed the help guide “ O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up” but can’t get past the first step.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@emmacalx 

It takes a few days for all the systems to be populated so give it a few days and try again.

You won't mis out on anything as you don't get the discount until the second bill anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

emmacalx
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks so much. I’ll try again in a couple of
days and if it doesn’t work I’ll call. You can only apply the discount within 28 days so I want it sorted ASAP (before I forget lol!)
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 149371 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

No worries @emmacalx 

Tomorrow will be day 1 if the tariff has updated tonight.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 93982 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Customer service will apply the discount for you if you still have problems

Message 8 of 8