Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Direct debit can be stopped by contacting your bank although we would strongly advise against doing so.
Once cancelled, you need to arrange to pay by alternative methods as described here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines...
Paper bills need to be requested by calling customer service on 202 but will cost you an additional £1.50 a month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to stop my direct debit and get paper bills please
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Direct debit can be stopped by contacting your bank although we would strongly advise against doing so.
Once cancelled, you need to arrange to pay by alternative methods as described here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-can-I-pay-my-bill-or-Ways-to-pay-guidelines...
Paper bills need to be requested by calling customer service on 202 but will cost you an additional £1.50 a month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
you don't need to stop the Direct Debit to get paper bills, if you want paper bills you just need to request them from CS (there is a charge).

We don't recommend cancelling your DD, as payment via other methods mean you need to remember to pay it on time.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I thought direct debit was part of the contractual agreement?...I know people do alter payment methods for various reasons, including change in circumstances but never a good idea in my opinion.

At least direct debit ensures you pay on time and have no problems with credit rating..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

By cancelling the direct debit you leave yourself open to all sorts of problems but I'm sure you need me to explain possible scenarios. 

However O2 only give you a couple of days after the due date before they restrict the phone and being cut off, paying a £3.50 late fee and waiting to be reconnected is probably the least of the repercussions. 

Message 6 of 6