Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Popup Showing Credit After Sending Text Message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

The subject covers it all really.

I'm on PAYG and I'd just like to know if there was a stop the popup/message you get reminding you of how much credit you have everytime you send a text! It's really annoying.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

In fairness the only time the display annoyed me was if I needed to make a call or text immediately again.

You have to wait for the screen to clear the balance display before you can dial or text again..

Otherwise, it really never bothered me. I expect it would though if I was using the phone for work wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

giffgaff has an option in the My giffgaff pages to turn off balance notifications, perhaps O2 can do something similar in MyO2 for PAYG. wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I don't see why they can't or they could create a text shortcut number to turn it off
Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous  Remember to return to your discussion to mark a post as your solution if you found one! You can find that button on each reply you receive.I hope you find the advice useful. See you around!

I think this is an excellent debate and I'll feed back to the team. @aldaweb and @Anonymous I like your suggestion wink

Message 14 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers @Anonymous always happy to put new ideas across
Message 15 of 17

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  as it's all Telefonica maybe they can liase between themselves. wink

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's something that has been suggested before but fell on deaf ears previously wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 17