cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for refund on returned handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently paid £225 for an early upgrade on my Refresh contract so that I could get a new phone. I ordered a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact online and it was delivered to me on Wednesday 24th September. O2 sent the wrong sized SIM card so I didn't even take the phone out of the box. On the Thursday I decided that I would prefer a bigger phone so packaged it back up ready to return. 

I phoned CS and asked returns procedure, which I followed and the lady told me my account would be updated within 24hrs of them getting the phone back. Rather than using the O2 freepost return, I posted it on Friday 26th by RM Special Delivery at my own cost. At the same time, my husband also decided to return his new upgrade handset to change for an alternative.

Both phones were signed for at the Returns Centre on Monday 29th September at 8.21am by the same person as per our proof of posting on the RM tracking site.

My husbands account was updated by Tuesday morning, but a week later, I'm still waiting. I have phoned and used online chat many times now. Was initially told 24hrs, then 48, then 2-5 days. Eventually I got so fed up with rude and ignorant CS advisers I spoke to a supervisor. She was really nice and assured me it takes no more than 5 days, so by Friday my account would be updated.

Friday evening arrived and still no update. So I called again. Was promised without fail it would be updated by Sunday (5th). It's now a week later and still no account update.

O2 have my returned handset, so why has my account not been updated? How long does it take to scan a barcode for goodness sake? Quick to take my money, but now I'm nearly £600 down and no new phone.

I only want to change for a different handset. It's not like I want to cancel altogether. I've been a customer for over 14 years for heaven's sake. Won't be recommending O2 to anyone ever again at this rate!

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my week-long barrage of abuse on Facebook and Twitter finally paid off. Twitter handler gave me an email address so I sent all my proof of purchase and delivery confirmation, plus handset serial number from a scan of the order. They looked into it and cleared the account so I can re-do my upgrade for the handset I like.

Only took a week of constant phoning, live chat and social media hassling to get somewhere!

I just wonder why someone couldn't have done that last week, since it took less than an hour after I emailed?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Is ring O2 on 202 again to chase this and or fill this in http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144162 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Unfortunately you will just have to keep trying 202 and push them to fix it for you.
If you feel like it also, you could raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well my week-long barrage of abuse on Facebook and Twitter finally paid off. Twitter handler gave me an email address so I sent all my proof of purchase and delivery confirmation, plus handset serial number from a scan of the order. They looked into it and cleared the account so I can re-do my upgrade for the handset I like.

Only took a week of constant phoning, live chat and social media hassling to get somewhere!

I just wonder why someone couldn't have done that last week, since it took less than an hour after I emailed?

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144162 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Looks like you finally found the right person to deal with it - Should have been much easier though 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good to hear a resolution was reached. slight_smile

Thank you for updating your thread.
Message 6 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Turned out the handset hadn't been booked in at the returns centre - all they had to do was scan the barcode on the sticker! 

The person from the social media help team that eventually sorted it out traced the serial number of the handset - it was being used somewhere in their repairs centre.

Yes, it really should have been so much simpler and quicker to get sorted. Shame not a single person in customer services were willing to do anything to help

Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122809 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

And it is a good job you were so persistent ...who knows when this would have been resolved?...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 10 of 10