Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still being charged for my old Switch Up phone

Rob_83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, so I know this isn't a customer support forum but I wondered if anyone else has experienced the same issue.

Back on 12th of October I did a Switch-Up from a Pixel Fold to a Pixel 8 Pro. I promptly returned the Fold by post (unfortunately the new way to do it) and got a confirmation from O2 Recycle/Ingram Micro it was received on the 18th Oct.

My October bill comes in and it's £48 higher than expected. This is the device cost for the fold. I didn't worry at the time as I suspected it was a timing thing and I'd get a rebate the next Month.

November bill comes around and I'm again being charged for the Fold on top of my P8P. I called last week and they confirmed the issue and said it'd be sorted and I'd get a revised bill for November.

I heard nothing all week so I called again today and there's no bloody record of last week's incident being raised so I had to go through the motions all over again. This time I got a reference number and a promise of a call in 24/48 hours. Not convinced the latter will happen but at least I have a reference number this time.

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else had been affected by this. Might be worth noting this was the first time I'd switched up on the 'new' system. Prior to that I did the whole thing in-store and it was painless every time. If this kind of thing is liable to happen often because of what I suspect is a communication breakdown between Billing and Recycle, I'm really not going to enjoy future switch-ups, not knowing if my next bill is going to be inflated or not...

Message 1 of 53
52 REPLIES 52

Rob_83
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had my latest bill come through, STILL being overcharged. They've failed to respond to my Resolver complaint too, gone over the 7 working days their automated message stated I'd get a response.

I am absolutely fuming with O2 right now. Disgusting lack of customer service.

Message 11 of 53

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6097 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rob_83 

The average time for O2 to investigate and rule on a complaint is said to be eight weeks.

I am unsure whether this is the same for complaints via Resolver, but seven working days does not seem very realistic. 

I don't think you have much option but to wait. 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 12 of 53

Rob_83
  • 31 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The emails say they'll aim to respond within 7 working days so if that's way off then they shouldn't be putting that in the auto-response as it's setting a false expectation.

Message 13 of 53

Oxonian
  • 6097 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Rob_83 wrote:

The emails say they'll aim to respond within 7 working days so if that's way off then they shouldn't be putting that in the auto-response as it's setting a false expectation.

I couldn't agree more @Rob_83

Please keep us informed of developments. 

Message 14 of 53

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Perhaps one to look at @Dave-O2 (the length of time before replying to the complaint being entered)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 53

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 669 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj 

@Rob_83 So i can check the status of your complaint, can you please PM me your mobile number and the email address you used to send the email? 

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 16 of 53

gmarkj
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

@Dave-O2 wrote:

Thanks @gmarkj 

@Rob_83 So i can check the status of your complaint, can you please PM me your mobile number and the email address you used to send the email? 

I meant the auto reply saying that they would be in contact within 7 working days if that is not what is currently happening @Dave-O2 ...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 17 of 53

Oxonian
  • 6097 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Dave-O2 wrote:

Thanks @gmarkj 

I meant the auto reply saying that they would be in contact within 7 working days if that is not what is currently happening @Dave-O2 ...

It is not completely clear to me @gmarkj what this "contact within seven working days" statement actually says - and what is it meant to suggest ? 

Although the "seven working days" contact seems to be not happening at all, many members of this community seem to believe that O2 have pledged to deal with their complaint within a week. I cannot see that O2 mean that. The gathering of information from disparate sources, its collation and review, peer or managerial review of the findings and the approval of redress is, with the best will in the world, going to take several weeks to deal with properly. 

The "contact within seven working days" promise clearly needs to be more tightly worded or, so as not to raise expectations, discontinuing altogether. 

Message 18 of 53

gmarkj
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

That's pretty much why I asked @Dave-O2 to take a look - it probably wants a caveat that says we will acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and at that point they give a current resolution time.

Message 19 of 53

Mithun88g
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just to update everyone. No resolution yet on the issue. Received another bill with charges for 2 devices. All tickets (reference numbers?) raised via customer care are being closed without any resolution. I have raised another complaint, before Christmas, this time with help from the O2 store and so far no updates. I have also sent an email with all the details and proofs to complaintreviewservice@o2.com on 20 Dec. I did receive auto response stating that someone would contact me within 7 days but again nothing so far. 

Message 20 of 53