cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still bad signal after a year

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right,

This is maybe my fifth mess regarding o2 crap signal where i live,i have reported this many times but things arent changing, area where i live is  Plamers Green N13 signal is so bad i cannot use the phone and I get cut off many times, I asked for help here,customer service, network team and many more and i got NOTHING, this is going over an year now, and I really had enough about all this. Signal is ALWAYS low I really CANT wait to finish my contract and join some one else as no one can help or solve really basic net issues, and my phone aint faulty or even my sim aint..The prob is from o2 that DON NOT HAVE good signal and keep blaming me for faulty equipments ( what a joke I ve changed 4 phones and 4 sims and signal is still crap!).

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Missed this thread earlier o2 900 2g is not that greatly diminished by distance/ building materials where as 1800 orange tmobile / o2 and any 2100 3g provider is.

Mobile singals in the 900mhz o2 2g also penetrate buildings better unless the building materials have made the house a mini faraday cage.

In the village I live in the pub that is some 2.5 miles from the o2 mast direct line of sight  the o2 900 2g signal gets in through the 17th centuary solid stone walls (over a foot thick) 3 bars in most of the pub.

This issue is more to do with new builds / renovations being done to latest building regs with things like foil backed plaster board and foil insulation materials and high tech metal coatings on windows.

So for summary

02 900 mhz 2g/3g best at distance and building penetration

o2 1800 mhz 2g not as good as 900mhz (not too many  masts in that band)

o2 2100 mhz 3g the worst for distance and building penetration (also the cell size varies by loading)

With most handsets defaulting now to the fastest connection o2 3g2100 will be selected and gives the worst indoor coverage.

I always recomend when at home unless close to a 3g cell to turn 3g/utms off and go in to 2g/gsm mode only for a reliable call quality (assuming data is done via wifi)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 31 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is not just my house is all the area where I live (N13 Palmers Green North London )signal is bad, inside outside everywhere!! Sept 2013 my contract will end, I will switch with someone else..Nothing has been done in nearly 2 years. I know loads of people on o2 saying signal is terrible and I have to agree. I have a friend that is on EE and has a full signal in my house, vodafone and tmobile are same but o2 is so bad, you guys mentioned walls and materials but the problem is just o2, other companies get very good signal where I live just o2 doesnt. I really can wait to end it.

Message 32 of 45

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Did you check the signal in your area before taking out a contract?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 33 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I didnt coz o2 supposed to be good but just aint
Message 34 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked other companies and the signal is all good only o2 is terrible
Message 35 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Well I'm sorry but you are partly to blame for not checking the signal in your area. You cannot blame O2 for that sorry.

No way would I sign up to a £1000+ contract without knowing I could get what I expected.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 36 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea sure its my fault, o2 isnt to blame...Pity thou everywhere I go in North london signal is really low maybe is my fault too? Unbelivable...! I tell you what, I have still 6 months remaining then Im OUT of here..I will join another network as I said o2 has terrible signal...And lots of people confirm this, if you do a search on google or talk with people they will say o2 signal is bad and it is. 

Message 37 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

So you checked signal of other companies and then signed up for the one with poor signal?

Message 38 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

No i didnt check coz o2 suppose to be good and just isnt.

Message 39 of 45

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Well I do apolagise but you've only got yourself to blame.

I didn't mention personalities. (Mines rather grating I know;))
Message 40 of 45