Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split port chaos

gejjaxxita
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've recently signed up to O2 from Vodafone and I now have a "split port".Half my calls and SMS are going to the vodafone SIM and half are going to O2. Every time I call O2 customer services they are extremely unhelpful and just say "The port has worked" or "Have you tried turning your phone off and on again. This is really frustrating as you can imagine because I need to keep switching between two SIM cards.

Can someone contact me to get this resolved? I fear I'm going to have to change my number.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update - Vodafone numbers *Still can't call me* . This has been going on for 2 weeks now, not only am I not receiving calls from Vodafone but O2 seem to be giving up on finding a solution.

Message 21 of 42

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@gejjaxxita 

I will say this just isn't good enough from both o2 and Vodafone, and o2 should be hounding Vodafone on your behalf. 

o2 should be able to tell if a Port has failed or completed ... 

So Vodafone have broken something, probably in the dialling plan or the routing database, and have also not closed the account. 

So o2 need to escalate to 3rd Line support / Porting Support team and get them to liase with Vodafone, as I am afraid to say this the longer it goes on the more difficult it become to resolve.

I would also log a complaint with Vodafone and try and find out what they have done, and what they  can do to resolve it as well, and get them to talk to o2... 

@O2Lisa  Can you have a look into this, and see if anyone at o2 can take ownership for @gejjaxxita issue,  as this is a really poor show from o2 and Vodafone, and to be honest if I was this customer I would just cut my losses and move on, but I know o2 can do better and turn the frustration into a smile slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 22 of 42

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh, of course I can.

I am so sorry about this @gejjaxxita, I'll messaged you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 42

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

Thanks @O2Lisa 

Message 24 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @madasaf1sh - I really appreciate your help - you are providing much better support here than O2 themselves to be honest.

What do you mean by "cut my losses and move on" ? I guess I could just cancel my Vodafone and O2 contracts and get a new number? I've had this number for 20 years though so it would be a big shame.

Message 25 of 42

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@gejjaxxita 

To be fair to o2 customer services they have to follow a strict process, and I know it may seem as though you are getting poor support, they really are doing everything they can to help you.. 

I work in 3rd Line IT Support and have to deal with 3rd parties all the time, and it can be a frustrating experience at times, so I know they will be as frustrated as they will be.. 

I know a lot of people would have gone enough is enough and just got a new number, but give o2 chance and they will come through... sometimes a bit of patience.. 

and I am sure @o2lisa and @o2waqas will come through for you... slight_smile 

Message 26 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh ! I'll stick with trying to get it solved for now. fingers crossed.

Message 27 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried complaining to the O2 CEO about this but just received a generic response saying "We are very busy right now so won't be able to reply for at least 10 days". I'm very disappointed with this because I would have thought a customer switching from Vodafone to O2 and having such a terrible experience would be treated as a priority.

Everyone who calls me from a Vodafone number (I've tried 3 separate people now) Gets a message saying

"Not possible to connect your call". I've contacted Vodafone CS and they are certain that the problem is caused by O2 (In 10 years of being with Vodafone I never had a single technical problem so I'm inclined to believe them now).

@O2Waqas @O2Lisa @O2Emma can you highlight to your CEO that I am trying to contact him about this.
Message 28 of 42

O2Waqas
Former Staff
  • 139 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update-

I have given @gejjaxxita the most recent update 

Thanks 

signature
Message 29 of 42

gejjaxxita
  • 17 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Success! I just got a call from O2 on a Vodafone number - looks like this is all working now. Thanks @O2Waqas  for persisting with this. I really appreciate it.

@madasaf1sh I still have a problem that Vodafone still think I'm their customer and continue to bill me - I'm onto their customer services right now but they are saying that.

Thanks again @O2Waqas@madasaf1sh 

Message 30 of 42