cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi O2 Community,

So I took out a contract for a Samsung Galaxy S5 on O2 and I currently pay £15 a month due to a mixup with the account and promises and I was discounted throughout my whole contract because of mis-information via staff members (Which a O2 manager) applied for me and I get some minutes, texts and data, although I have another sim only with Three UK as they offer a hell of a lot more than O2.

O2 - 300 minutes, unlimited texts, 300MB (£15 - With a S5)

Three - 2000 Minutes, 5000 Texts, 3000 3-3 Minutes, 1000GB (£20 - Including Unlimited Tethering)

I use the Three UK sim card in the Samsung Galaxy S5 understandably so I can use a lot more than I can on O2. I recently purchased a 'Crap' phone so to say a Nokia 105 it was only £0.99p from Carphone warehouse and I thought to myself at that price I can't really complain, and decided to place the O2 sim card which I don't use into that which it works perfectly although I need a spending cap placed onto the account so I don't go over the Minutes, Texts and Data. (For the O2 Sim) 

Three UK have a system in place that you can block all chargeable numbers and the call just won't go through it will just get rejected. Does O2 have some kind of system like this in place for there customers?

LTNIjhl.png

RsiNYkL.png

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I'm afraid O2 don't have that facility.

On a contract once the data is used up it will just stop unless you add a bolt on.

No caps for minutes or texts.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
No I'm afraid O2 don't have that facility.

On a contract once the data is used up it will just stop unless you add a bolt on.

No caps for minutes or texts.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can put a premium number bar on your account to prevent calling premium charged numbers but there is no facility to cap normal minutes. You'll have to keep an eye on it in your My O2 from your PC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3