Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam texts with no number to block

TVK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've started to get spam sales texts with no number associated with them to allow me to block the number.

I want to stop them and can't see how.

Any advice or ideas gladlty received.

thanks

Tvk

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144082 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@TVK 

O2 advice here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

TVK
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleorif

I've looked at these but my question is more around that there is no 'from' number at all, nothing I can report or block, just spam text. hence my question.

Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Tvk

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144082 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
All we know is linked above in both answers.
If it's getting really serious I'd consider changing my number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Kettle123
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What kind of response is that MI5? I've seen your responses on a lot of topics now and all you have done is provide a link to some other page that is only somewhat related to what is asked.

Changing the number is the solution you have? Seriously? I'm glad they have to make you put the no affiliation disclaimer, otherwise I would be pretty annoyed by the more level of service from O2

Message 6 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6506 Posts
  • 48 Topics
  • 1472 Solutions

If there is no number you can't block it, nor can O2. 

If, however you forward the text to 7726 it will contain the meta headers which will be of use to those desperately trying to track these things.

This is a community forum, it is not O2 and the links are to information and such customers have discovered over time.

@MI5 gave all the information they have at their disposal. Other than that you will need to go to O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 7 of 7