Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony Refusing To Give Me Free TV - Xperia I IV promotion

sneill924
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I happened to see the Xperia I IV promotion where you get a free Sony Bravia 43" TV on the very last day of the promotion. So I made my order and got an email confirming I was entitled to claim it, sent over my details to the Xperia promotion page and they literally refused to honour it claiming the order was made on the 16th when I have multiple forms of evidence showing the 14th within the order date. When I showed the the email showing when it was ordered on the 14th all I got was we referred this to a manager and no response since.

I called o2 and asked them to send me an actual proof of purchase as I never got an official one and the call agent said he would send me over one within 24hrs with plenty of details they can't dispute but I never got it. (wasn't in spam or junk etc)  With the promotion period quickly ending I didn't have the time to call and wait potentially another 24hrs so I just started a new claim with images of my phone box with IMEI, the order from O2's website with the date, order number and tracking. The email I received on the 14th and the order confirmation slip that came with the phone which said delivered on the 15th.

Now the actual period to make a claim for that promotion period has ended and I've heard nothing back since. They can take awhile to get back but if I don't hear anything back from Sony within the next month then I'm seriously thinking about opening a small claim case. If it was something silly like headphones I would've just let this go but it's a £530 TV I'm entitled too and it's the only reason I ordered a new phone a few months early before my previous contract ended.

The 14 day period after me purchasing the phone has also ended*

Untitled-1.png

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38544 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Look in your MyO2 My Documents, down in the bowels of the website as shown here, @sneill924 - Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

Screenshot_20221009-122450.png

Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
  • 38544 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

Look in your MyO2 My Documents, down in the bowels of the website as shown here, @sneill924 - Guide: How do I get to the 'Download Bill' page? 

Screenshot_20221009-122450.png

Good luck!

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149612 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Maybe @O2Lisa  can help to get proof for you tomorrow.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 9

sneill924
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was able to track down my documents at least thanks to pgn above. Unfortunately though it may be a waiting game now for Sony to get back to me if they do at all, as they're not responding to that earlier email conversation now. I still have a new claim in with more evidence so hopefully I'll hear back from that then I can attach the documents. 

Message 4 of 9

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5.

I’ll message you privately @sneill924, see if there’s anything else I can do to help. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

dragonsignite
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also took up this offer, early on so well within the dates. Shortly after, I received an email from Xperia Rewards telling me that there was a problem with my IMEI (not sure what as I uploaded my original receipt) and to please reconfirm it with screenshots from the phone. I did this and they quickly responded telling me it would be sent off for final validation checks and that (if successful??) I would be contacted regarding delivery. No reason for it not to be successful as everything was valid and following the T&Cs. It's now been 30 days since I last spoke to them, I have emailed Xperia Rewards back but no response as of yet. Not sure what's going on. Wondering if anyone has received this TV yet? 

Message 6 of 9

pgn
  • 38544 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

dragonsignite
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received my delivery email today! It's coming next week 😊

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Great news @dragonsignite 

Let's hope all goes well from here.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9