Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap no calls

Vjm
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I recently needed to do a 5g compatible sim swap for my new handset. 

I completed all the steps waited 24 hours and still cannot make or receive calls (data and texts seem to be fine) 

Has anyone any ideas? Just being told to wait by support. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Vjm 

Keep rebooting phone but it's possible that you have a faulty sim.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this or pop into any O2 store.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 14

Vjm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ARGH! I hope not I need to be contactable tomorrow by phone! Rebooting on the hour every hour! Thank you

Message 3 of 14

Vjm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just a random thought it doesn’t matter that the new sim sent for my new iPhone 13 is in my existing iPhone 11 does it? I wanted to sim swap before I transferred handsets …… 

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

@Vjm 

No, sims are backwards compatible so a 5g sim will work in a 4g phone but obviously only at 4g.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 14

Vjm
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 

Message 6 of 14

Swadez
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Will not work by tomorrow because I’m in the same predicament and it’s been over 3 days. Customer service are saying that there is a system issue with the same provisioning and technical are looking at it. 

technical seem to be very busy over the weekend because of limited stuff even though probably only need someone to just press a few buttons on a computer screen.

I would ring them back and try and get some compensation for each day that you are without service.

Message 7 of 14

Vicky88
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There’s no technical issues, the system doesn’t work weekends. They admitted that to me this afternoon after several advisers lied to me and told me technical issues.  I’ve been without a phone since Friday 3.30 pm because o2 actioned a sim swap which I didn’t ask for 

Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 149462 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions

Porting doesn't work at weekends but sim swaps do as there is no external influence required.

You've been lied to @Vicky88 

Message 9 of 14

Vicky88
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn’t mention porting, I’m on about sim swaps. O2 for some reason have swapped my sim for a esim without me knowing,  I’ve only been an O2 customer since 9/7/22 and have been lied to from the start.  Formal complaint had been sent regarding customer services 

Message 10 of 14