cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim only - 3 month refresh upgrade option.

Connor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just got a sim only contract with o2 & it explains to me on the app that I am eligible to upgrade, so I go onto this option & it tells me this option to upgrade is only for the tarried of my SIM only contract I have just obtained over the last day of two.
I noticed that there is an option to upgrade to a handset after 3 months of loyal custom, I understand that trust needs to be established, I just want confirmation that I will have the option to upgrade to o2 refresh & add a device onto my current account with yourselves as I won't buy a new handset if this is the case.
Thankyou in advance.
Connor.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The option to upgrade after 3 months is there when you take out a 12 month sim only and make on-time payments preferably by direct debit and take out a Refresh contract with mobile phone included.

A 30 day sim only is not eligible I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The option to upgrade after 3 months is there when you take out a 12 month sim only and make on-time payments preferably by direct debit and take out a Refresh contract with mobile phone included.

A 30 day sim only is not eligible I'm afraid.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Connor Terms and conditions of 3 month upgrade are here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/sim-only-upgrade-to-refresh-after-3-months-terms-and...

Just ensure you comply and you'll be fine to add a handset.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Colin_Thames
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, I had been concidering swapping to sim only after my contract expired and the difference between 12 month and 30 day contract prices is huge, roughly double! I'd chatted yesterday morning with O2 and they couldn't point me to anything in writing about this 3 month option to upgrade (6 months in some cases, depending on credit scoring apparently), in which they will waive they will waive the remainder of the sim only contract if you upgrade with O2. Having this offer in writing is sooo helpful.

Except... that link isn't working.  Maybe it's too long?  Can you repost a bitly or shorter URL if possible?  Thanks

Found it: http://bit.ly/2IDtMGF 

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Just remember you must be upgrading to a refresh contract, directly with O2 though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Colin_Thames
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5, again this isn't something that either of the O2 agents mentioned, they just said I need to 'upgrade with O2'.  No mention of it needing to be the Refresh plan.  Even so, I think it's worth going for the 12 month sim only plan, even if I have to pay it off after 6 months if a new contract through a third party is significantly cheaper.

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Connor, I was wondering if the replies above answered your question, or if you needed some further help?

Thanks @jonsie and @MI5 for the useful information slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

paul76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
yeah I was told 3 month when I signed up to a sim only 12 month deal now am been told 6 month what a joke
Message 9 of 9