cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal keeps dropping..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have a problem with my signal dropping. I recently upgraded to a Sony Xperia Z1 on O2, and every day it drops signal, regardless of location. This can happen between 2 - 20 times a day, and it drops the signal for between 15 - 30 seconds every time. Having swapped my SIM twice, the problem was still occurring, so I spoke to Sony for a warranty repair last week. However, Since speaking to Sony, I have also picked up an iPhone 5S on Vodafone, and the same thing is happening on my Apple, albeit less frequently. Now since I have two different phones with two different OS', and on two different networks, I can now only assume this is a network fault. What is the cause of this? Is working on 4G causing this intermittent service failure, and if so shouldn't your customers be told?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would download the 'my network' app and report back on the masts.

Ask any neighbors who may also be on o2 to see if they are experiencing the same issue. If so see if they will do the same and report it.
Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 has now released a new app call my network along with my o2 and priority moments the network app will allow you to see in live what is happening with the cell sites near you and its free to download tongue

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144301 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Yep, as mentioned in the thread directly above yours....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 has now released a new app call my network along with my o2 and priority moments the network app will allow you to see in live what is happening with the cell sites near you and its free to download tongue

Gosh, something new from you again!

Astonishing.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Voda iPhone 5S has stopped doing it recently; It was a new contract, maybe it was teething problems 😕 .. Anytways, OK, I downloaded the My Network app, and it shows that I am bang on a 3G/4G border where I live. Other places I have been show a 3G/4G border. Does that mean my assumption was right?

Message 15 of 15