Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing data allowance

Wendell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I am on a pay monthly contract with 120gb and was wondering if it is possible to share my allowance with a pay as you go O2 account? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Wendell 

The only way you can share with a payg account is to turn on your mobile hotspot and let the other phone tether from you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Wendell 

The only way you can share with a payg account is to turn on your mobile hotspot and let the other phone tether from you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Wendell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5, I'm new to this and recently changed from Vodafone to O2, the bundle I have is much larger than the 16gb I used to have and wanted to share it or lose it with my grandchildren. Tethering sounds like they have to be near me. What I was looking for was a way to share when they are at their own homes, it is useful to know that when we are out and about that they can use me as a tether though. Thanks

Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Wendell 

The other way of sharing data is via a Sharer Plan. However that would mean all devices would have to be on pay monthly contracts. https://www.o2.co.uk/sharer-plans 

Welcome to the forum by the way Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Wendell 

Yes, they need to be within range of your phone but unfortunately, no other way with PAYG.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5