Did you mean: 

Settling outstanding device plan

JM18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been asked before but I’m trying to make a payment to settle what is left on my device plan.

Tried calling 202 and tried doing it through the app but neither are helpful. Am I able to make this payment or has it been suspended due to covid-19?

Would like to think O2 would like to reduce their liabilities and let customers settle their device finance but I could be wrong!

Thanks,

Jacob
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
hi jacob, I'm going to guess this is about being able to upgrade to a new plan, you should be able to contact 202 on this matter, I would suggest when calling, to wait for an option 6 (which says anything else)

if this is to do with settling a phone in terms of a bill that has gone unpaid, please contact our payment management team on 0800 902 0217.

alternatively, you can now come in store (if its possible and safe for you) and you can discuss this with one of our store advisers.

link for more info on payment management:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support#:~:text=You%20can%20check%20any%20outs....

thanks
will
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93224 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 3 of 5

JM18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Will,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I’m not looking to upgrade nor is there any unpaid amounts owed.

I am simply trying to make an overpayment and clear the outstanding on my device plan.

Seems o2 are treating this as a low priority and aren’t willing to take a payment like this.
Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10166 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3010 Solutions
@JM18

As this is a final payment of a Consumer Credit Agreement, you need to call up to pay off the reminder of the agreement.

@jonsie has provided you the best number to call and they will take the payment off you.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 5