cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Deposit Refund for Returned Handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

On the 12th May I ordered a Samsung Galaxy S6.

I had to pay a £49.99 upfromt payment and in addition 02 wanted a £350.00 security deposit, which I paid.

I then decided that I did not want the handset or contract so on the 18th May I returned the device to 02, unused and still sealed within the 14 day cooling off period.

On the 27th May I received an email from 02 saying  "We have refunded the charge today onto your payment card".

Upon checking my bank statement I noticed the 02 had only refunded the £49.99 upfront payment and not the £350.00 security deposit so I contacted 02 and was told that I will receive the £350.00 within 10 days, however I was still baffled as to why it wasn't returned with the £49.99.

After waiting a few days the £350.00 had still not been refunded and in addition 02 had taken a further £24.80 Initial payment by direct debit. I then used the live chat a couple of times and was told not to worry the £350.00 refund had been processed and will be in my bank in 5 days.

5 days later and still no £350.00 refund so I rany 02 and they are now telling me that I will receive my £350.00 refund 10 working days after the disconnection date which was the 8th June.  

I am sick of banging my head against the wall and being told something different every time I contact 02. Absolute disgrace and dreadfull customer services from 02.

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Happier Days ....lol

It's still a discgrace how long it takes 02 to process a refund for £350 security deposit...

Why they couldn't have processed the security deposit refund at the same time as the upfront payment refund on the 28th May I will never know as the security deposit & upfront cost where made on the same debit card payment.

Having to wait 30 days for a refund is not acceptable, no excuses, no if's and no but's it's NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I just have visions of checking my bank in the morning and the refund is not there!!!

Message 41 of 52

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I agree, 30 days really is disgraceful. I think the air could be blue tomorrow but think positive. ...

Message 42 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the air will be blue and my face will be deep red if the refund hasn't reached my account!!!!

From start to finish 02 have been very economical with the truth about what date the refund would be processed and how long it would take to reach my bank account. For example on the 8th I was told yes, payment has been processed, when in fact it hadn't.

02 should add an option to their smartphone / tablet app (Refund Roulette) or (Customer Advisor Fact or Fiction)

Message 43 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I think this is the real problem @Anonymous...the different information you have been given on the numerous times you have called. If they had been upfront and honest and said it will be there by so  and so date...and stuck to that...none of this would be happening now..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 52

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 45 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The problem is that no one really knows, least of all live chat.

Exactly...and as I said earlier its damn outrageous. Who can afford to wait for a £350 refund at the leisure of O2? Not me for sure...Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 52

jonsie
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Let us know how you get on with this and I'll help if needed.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 48 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE

After waiting 30 days, numerous web chat's, telephone calls and being told different time frames regarding my security deposit refund everytime I contacted 02 I have finally received my refund.

I was going to get a tablet with 02, however my recent experience s has changed my mind and I doubt I will be returning to 02 as a customer anytime soon!

Message 49 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122943 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Pleased to hear you got your money back at long last @Anonymous Well done wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 52