Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S9 battery life

Leigh2019
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi j have just upgraded to a Samsung s9. I charged over night and used for roughly 20 mind surfing web and YouTube now.i am.on 76% battery is this normal? 25 mins using and it drains 24% of my battery ?

Thank you
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It will take a couple of charge cycles to achieve full capacity and as it's new it will also be indexing all your files in the background.
It will improve in a few days time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It will take a couple of charge cycles to achieve full capacity and as it's new it will also be indexing all your files in the background.
It will improve in a few days time.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Leigh2019
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Oh that's great to hear! Thank you for your reply
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries. Enjoy your new phone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It will improve, but not by much,
The exynos S9 started life very well, but I'm actually shocked how bad I've found the battery on the plus version.
A 3,500mah battery should be able to get more than 3hr screen time, well I say 3,500... mine doesn't take more than 3150mah now.
Message 5 of 6

Leigh2019
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is slightly worrying that the battery just slowly starts decreasing but as a constant!also gets pretty hot! I was going to take back to the shop.but want to see if sorts it's self out
Message 6 of 6