cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 crashes all the time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I've been having real trouble with my Galaxy S5 crashing all the time. I could be viewing bbc news app or looking at a website or just reading my emails and texts. My phone just shutsdown and restarts. It's really annoying.
The guru in O2 shop in Stirling said my apps were interferring with the phone's OS which is a higher spec than the app.
So I tried using it in Safe mode which means I can't use any non Samsung apps or facebook etc. Seems to work but think it's crashed a few times even in safe mode.
Does anyone else have the same problem? Any suggestions to overcome it? Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Take your battery out and check on a flat surface if it is completely flat - Any signs of rocking or if it spins it could be bulging and faulty.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
The guru in O2 shop in Stirling said my apps were interferring with the phone's OS which is a higher spec than the app.

A Guru people, a Guru said that.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
U could reboot it start from scratch again...
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

A Guru people, a Guru said that.

Shameful really - Rather than take the time to properly check the phone they just fob you off with nonsense Don't know

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If the battery seems ok then it may still be worth trying another another authentic original battery.

If you bought the phone from O2 and its under 14 days old demand a new replacement.

If it's over 14 days then I'd seek assistance from the uk support site of the manufacturer or the O2 repair service. I'd go with the manufacturer first as they know their hardware and software better.

Either way they'll want the phone and battery to test.

If you've recently performed any software update it is suggested that a hard reset can help with possible glitches. Make a back up first as this procedure can delete saved data.

O2 Faulty phone link : http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hullo GalaxyS5 I've had same phone as you got n I've never experienced that with my Samsung Galaxy S5 4G when did you take out new contract or upgrade? Let me know how come ok
Message 7 of 7