cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO frustrated with O2!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My LG G4 sufered with the infamous "bootloop" problem so I sent it to LG for repair. It came back with a new imei number because they replaced the motherboard.

I have been trying and trying to get O2 to understand that its still the same phone  that I have on contract with them! Ive been trying to get it unlocked from O2 but they keep on telling me " as its not an O2 device we cannot unlock it"!! Ive spoken to customer service, who assure me that they put it on priority to get it unlocked with 72 hours (that was a week ago). I spoke to an online "guru" who was basically calling me a liar!

This is so frustrating as Ive been with O2 for many years and I dont appreciate being treated this way!Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 29
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145104 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
O2 have told us on here via @Toby that they will not unlock any phone that wasn't supplied by O2 directly.
So if they stick to that rule, you are basically stuffed, I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Best thing to do is raise a complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Make sure you give them full info about repair and what was changed etc....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
Another thing to check is if it is actually locked.
I got mine on an o2 contract but it is not locked - got the normal "cannot unlock your device" message, but then tried another SIM and worked straight away.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried another sim card in the phone and it says network locked, so I know its not unlocked. Ive just wriiten an email to the complaints reveiw service that @Cleoriff mentioned earlier to see if I can get this sorted! Thanks for the info @Cleoriff!

Message 4 of 29

MI5
  • 145104 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
O2 have told us on here via @Toby that they will not unlock any phone that wasn't supplied by O2 directly.
So if they stick to that rule, you are basically stuffed, I'm afraid.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

But thats thats the point, the phone was supplied by O2 directly! Its not a different phone, its the same one!

Message 6 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Which is why I suggested you make a complaint. If O2 CS aren't listening to you ...it's the only other way to get your point across....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 29

MI5
  • 145104 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

But thats thats the point, the phone was supplied by O2 directly! Its not a different phone, its the same one!

But it's not the same phone anymore.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 8 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

They replaced a piece of hardware in my phone, because it was faulty! I have another year to go under my current contract so what was I supposed to do, wait another year because my imei number might change?! I have explained my situation over and over to various O2 CS operatives and cant get any help with something that was not my fault in the first place. Something is very wrong with this picture......Crazy

Message 9 of 29

MI5
  • 145104 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
I agree, but I'm only passing on what O2 have told us what the rules are.
I don't make them or agree with them.
Toby might be able to help you but a complaint is your only other option.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 29