Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned

mac2474
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I Ordered an Apple 12 from Affordable mobiles on a new contract on Friday. The phone arrived Saturday. I put the provided SIM in the phone and fired up, but there was no connection to O2. I checked the settings and it showed "SIM not provisioned".

I Just spent 2 hours on the phone to O2 and got passed to a couple of departments along with lots of hold music and it was eventually suggested that I contact the original sellers and get them to activate the SIM as they (O2) could not find the new phone number on the system, this is despite the fact that I had received an email from O2 confirming the order number and new plan details and that O2 have made a credit check on me.

After another 20 minutes of hold music, I spoke to customer services at Affordable mobiles and they confirmed that all their checks had been completed with O2 and the SIM had been activated.

Before I continue this game of ping-pong, has anyone got any suggestions to bring it to a speedy conclusion?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
@mac2474

If the sim says not provisioned then Affordable Mobiles are lying to you and the sim is not activated.

Do you have an email from o2 with a phone number on it, or did Affordable provide you with one.

Let me tag @O2Elliott to see if they can help you any further.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 5

mac2474
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

Thanks for you reply. The number was on the invoice provided by Affordable mobiles.

Message 3 of 5

O2Elliott
Former Staff
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
@madasaf1sh thanks for the tag.

Hi @mac2474, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your sim card.

Please allow me to take a look into the account side of things and get this sorted for you.

I will private message you now.

Thanks
Elliott
signature
Message 4 of 5

mac2474-2
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Elliott 

Hi Elliot,

For some reason I can't post under my user name anymore - mac2474.

Thanks very much for all your help. I am now up and running yahoo

Martyn

Message 5 of 5