Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card hasn't arrived

cannycustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I have a PAYG account and wish to change to a pay monthy. Last Tuesday I actually managed to speak to someone and it was arranged that I would be sent a new SIM for 1GB data, 500 minutes and unlimited texts for £6 pm. I was told it would arrive in 1-3 working days. This is now 4th working day or 6 ordinary days and I am getting anxious in case it hasn't been sent. I tried ringing from my mobile but the automated voice wanted the answer to my security question that was set up when I joined O2. I have been with O2 for many years and I don't ever remember setting up a security question, so as to the answer???

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

You're welcome @Cleoriffpensive I know, I'll try my best to help 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 22

cannycustomer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks everyone for your heart touching responses. Tears of happiness flowing now.

After my last posting, I contacted the O2 shop in Kendal and they said they could help. Have just returned with a pay monthly SIM card fitted into the second slot. Old number transferred and the new SIM will work after 24 hours and the old one won't. I am sending a thank you card to Josh who had me laughing and without a tear in sight. Long time since I went into that shop, because as I said, I have never before had a problem with O2.

Love and Blessings to all of you,

Valerie

Message 12 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

So sorry for the hard time you are going through @cannycustomer 

One less thing to worry about now Hug

Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cannycustomer 

Pleased it's sorted Valerie. I thought going instore may be the best way.

Best of luck to you now and I hope things start to get better for you soon.heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Ah glad it's all sorted for you @cannycustomer  smiling

If there is ever anything else you need help with just send me a private message and I'll try my best to help, have a lovely day

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 22

cannycustomer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your help and support. I have truly appreciated it. hugging

Message 16 of 22

cannycustomer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And I thought it was all sorted! Nope, it isn’t!

I went into the Kendal shop on Wednesday and was helped by a very pleasant man, who went through all the essential details to open a pay monthly account. He took my phone, fitted it  with a pay monthly SIM and told me that the phone now had two SIM cards. He had sorted it so that the pay monthly SIM would have the same number. What would happen, he said, was that the switch would occur in 24 hours; the new card would become active and the old PAYG would cease.  Happy as Larry, I went away not concerned about the parking fee and mileage.

On the Thursday morning I noticed that the screen was showing two receiving signals. Phone was ‘Emergency calla only’. Further investigation was that the phone wanting ‘Ask SIM’. Clearly with both SIMs having the same number, it was confusing. I put the phone aside thinking maybe 24 hours was too soon for a switch over.

The next day was just the same and I needed the phone to be available, so I looked at the two SIMs and took old the one that looked faded, leaving what I thought was the monthly SIM in place. Only WhatsApp call yesterday so no problem.

Today I needed to send two text messages and in both cases the slightly decreasing PAYG balance was shown after each  transaction. Swapped the SIM card over, and tried to send two test text messages only to get on both occasions, “The message will be sent when the Service is started.” Did all the usual, like switching of the phone and leaving it for a while but the situation is unchanged.

So, I now have to decide whether I contend with the drive, horrible lack of parking spaces, and a parking fee to visit the O2 shop again, or contend with the online Support, with their intrusive questioning to get themselves a better sale etc, etc.

Alternatively I could get a slightly dearer contract with Giffgaff and lose my £21 PAYG balance?

And do I laugh or do I cry. 

More info
joysob

Message 17 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@cannycustomer 

I'd take up the offer of help from @O2Lisa above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 22

cannycustomer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just have one problem, big grin, on this Forum I don't know how to PM anyone!

Message 19 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@cannycustomer 

Click or tap the name tag ( @O2Lisa ) then choose the option to "send this user a private message"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 20 of 22