Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM 1 not provisioned

Senpai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had my Samsung Galaxy S20+ delivered this morning, got it all unboxed and put my new sim into the phone. Turned it on and did the initial setup. Only to find that I'm receiving a message that says 'SIM 1 not provisioned.' I'm not sure what this means, but it's apparently stopping me from being able to really do anything in terms of texts/calls/data.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Senpai wrote:

I had my Samsung Galaxy S20+ delivered this morning, got it all unboxed and put my new sim into the phone. Turned it on and did the initial setup. Only to find that I'm receiving a message that says 'SIM 1 not provisioned.' I'm not sure what this means, but it's apparently stopping me from being able to really do anything in terms of texts/calls/data.

@Senpai 

If this is an upgrade you need to use your old sim assuming it's the same size.

If not, do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If it's a new contract, call customer service to activate the new sim card Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Senpai  You can use your old sim if it's the same size. If it isn't, you can do a sim swap: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/SIM-Swap-a-mini-guide/ba-p/1060675

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Senpai wrote:

@Senpai 

If this is an upgrade you need to use your old sim assuming it's the same size.

If not, do a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

If it's a new contract, call customer service to activate the new sim card Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Senpai
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm not entirely sure that'd be the best move for me. My old sim isn't a 5G sim, my new sim is.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Senpai 

Then do the sim swap as in the link I gave you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Senpai If the new sim is a 5G sim, then do a swap as per the guide. You can also call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll do it for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6