cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it that this has happened and o2 are not sorting it out for me. What can I do please help?

I sent a text to 23336 travel at 16:38 UK time (11:38 USA time) Wednesday 26th October when in the USA on holiday.

I then received a text at 16:38 UK time (11:38 USA time) saying that the o2 travel service has been added to my account.

I started using internet 11:38 USA time (16:38 UK time) after receiving that text.

However I have been charged for roaming on this day as o2 system appears to show in real time for texts but not for use of internet.

Please can someone help as their staff are acting either incompetent or don't know how to do there job.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unfortunately, the use of o2 travel is from midnight to midnight and any partial days when the service is off are not included in the travel rates as covered in the T&C's.
You should always ensure it is added before you travel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unfortunately, the use of o2 travel is from midnight to midnight and any partial days when the service is off are not included in the travel rates as covered in the T&C's.
You should always ensure it is added before you travel.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I accept that and understand if I were to use it without knowing then that would be my fault.

However I used the internet after getting confirmation of this being activated on my account.

Surely there is straight forward for them to sort out?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I would have expected that out of goodwill, yes, but now all CS is outsourced they just go by the letter of the law and T&C's sadly.
If you try CS again, however, you might get a different agent who is more sympathetic to your request.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4