Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming data

EUroamer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I’m in Spain and may need more data than my 25GB monthly roaming allowance. How can I buy more and how much will it cost?

I’ve tried the O2 chat but frustratingly can’t get through to a real person. Apparently they’re all too busy to help.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@EUroamer 

What is the Roaming Limit?

Tariffs with more than 25GB of monthly data

If your UK monthly data allowance is over 25GB, you’ll have a Roaming Limit of 25GB when roaming in our Europe Zone. This means you can use up to 25GB of your allowance at no extra cost – we’ll text you if you’re getting close to the limit, and again if you reach it.

If you’re on the new system and have an unlimited data allowance, your data service will stop when you reach 25GB. You’ll need to buy a data roaming Bolt-On to continue using data.

For all other customers, whether you’re on the old system or the new system, you can still use data if you reach our Roaming Limit but you’ll be charged £3.50/GB for your ongoing usage.

These charges will apply until the following (depending on which is earliest);

• You use up your monthly UK data allowance**
  • You return to the UK
  • You reach your next bill cycle

**If you use all your UK data allowance when roaming outside the UK, you’ll need to buy a data Bolt On if you want to keep using data. See our data Bolt Ons here.

Tariffs with 25GB or less of monthly data

These tariffs are not subject to our Roaming Limit of 25GB. But if you use all your UK data allowance when roaming outside in the UK, you’ll need to buy a data Bolt On if you want to keep using data. See our data Bolt Ons here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149547 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@EUroamer 

What is the Roaming Limit?

Tariffs with more than 25GB of monthly data

If your UK monthly data allowance is over 25GB, you’ll have a Roaming Limit of 25GB when roaming in our Europe Zone. This means you can use up to 25GB of your allowance at no extra cost – we’ll text you if you’re getting close to the limit, and again if you reach it.

If you’re on the new system and have an unlimited data allowance, your data service will stop when you reach 25GB. You’ll need to buy a data roaming Bolt-On to continue using data.

For all other customers, whether you’re on the old system or the new system, you can still use data if you reach our Roaming Limit but you’ll be charged £3.50/GB for your ongoing usage.

These charges will apply until the following (depending on which is earliest);

• You use up your monthly UK data allowance**
  • You return to the UK
  • You reach your next bill cycle

**If you use all your UK data allowance when roaming outside the UK, you’ll need to buy a data Bolt On if you want to keep using data. See our data Bolt Ons here.

Tariffs with 25GB or less of monthly data

These tariffs are not subject to our Roaming Limit of 25GB. But if you use all your UK data allowance when roaming outside in the UK, you’ll need to buy a data Bolt On if you want to keep using data. See our data Bolt Ons here

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/roaming-in-europe

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2