Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Level 1: Joiner

Roaming Speeds Throttled

I took out an o2 contract with the o2 Travel Inclusive feature giving me use of my phone in the USA, Canada etc.  I understand the limit of 1220 mins and texts per day but I think it unfair that you throttle the speeds when roaming abroad.  Three and Vodafone do not appear to do this.  You have to scour the T&C's to even seen any mention of this.  What are o2 doing about lifting the speed restrictions when abroad.  It's painfully slow.

Level 40: Notorious

Re: Roaming Speeds Throttled

[ Edited ]

@Ponty79

Every network has issues with Data Speeds in the US, i have roamed on all 4 networks whilst in in various states from Hawaii, via Nevada and many others Florida.

The speeds i got on Ohau in Hawai'i where quicker than in New York or Los Angeles... 

Never had any Issues in Toronto

The only reason i can think of is that the US networks prioritise their own customers above roaming customers. I nearly once got our US Network partner to admit this..

What networks are you roaming on, and what countries?

Current Phone: Motorola Razr 5g
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts
Level 69: Guiding Light

Re: Roaming Speeds Throttled

@Ponty79 O2 will do nothing about lifting restrictions on roaming speeds. Your best option is to get a local PAYG sim from AT&T or T-Mobile If you want to use data on your phone in the US.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2