Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charge Confusion

Msindie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Advised O2 was going to Canada and web advises Canada is included in the tariff. Last time I visited it was a £4.99 a day charge for data roaming. I chatted with 02 rep online who says it's not included and the daily charge stands. Arrived in Canada and received this
" Welcome to CANADA. Your tariff includes roaming here. You get 120 minutes, 120 texts and all the data you need each day at no extra cost, subject to our fair usage policy. Your daily allowance applies from midnight to midnight based on the local time of the capital city of this country. Charges for your usage whilst you're here may initially appear in your My O2 account but don't worry. If you stay within your daily allowance, you will not be billed and My O2 usage will correct itself within 3 hours of first appearing. If you go above your daily allowance you will be charged International roaming rates. For more information on International roaming rates visit www.o2.co.uk/inclusive-zone Call 112 for emergency services."
Now I dont know whether I will get charged or not for data and as it's a long trip don't fancy a huge bill on my return.
Can anyone please serve straight as I'm now confused.com! Thanks a lot
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Msindie wrote:
Thanks again for clarifying for me @Cleoriff. Apologies for not providing my tariff to begin with!

Oh you weren't at fault at all @Msindie. It was the first question I should have asked.

As I said, the CS advisor also threw a spanner in the works by saying you weren't eligible when you quite clearly were...

Just relieved its all sorted.........joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 22

Msindie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
🤣 .. me too. A huge weight off my mind.
@O2 ... these forumites are the people you need as advisers! #nightmare
Message 22 of 22