cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement SIM card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

after waiting 10 days my replacement SIM card finally arrives and it doesn't work! I get “SIM not provisioned. Error MM2” which when I google it I get that I have to go to O2 and enter my mobile number and they will text me a code.

Of course no code arrived as MY SIM DOESN'T WORK. What sort of dodgy thing is this?

Is this because I am on a package they no longer offer and want me to leave O2?

How do I get my phone working? Lord knows how many texts and calls I have missed, especially in the weeks coming up to xmas!

Frank

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been told not to by O2 and told to pay £10 in store. I pass an O2 store daily but they won't do anything without charging me.

Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Ok.

When you called O2 to register the loss they will have placed a bar on your account and lost phone.

You need to ring them to remove this bar on your account before any new SIM card will work.
Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

in theory that maybe their opening hours. But they send you an email asking for details, but as I can only access email at home as I have no working phone I can't reply until 6:30 and then they don't reply until sometime the next day. And it's always a barely legible reply.

Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Been told not to by O2 and told to pay £10 in store. I pass an O2 store daily but they won't do anything without charging me.

This is for PAYG SIM cards only when someone wants to join O2. £10 is asked for before leaving the shop. The credit is then used by the new customer to pay for services. 

Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

they didn't bar the phone as I don't get my phones through them.

I have contacted them about the new sim finally arriving. No reply.

As I said I can't call. Shouldn't even be on here!

Message 15 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

in theory that maybe their opening hours. But they send you an email asking for details, but as I can only access email at home as I have no working phone I can't reply until 6:30 and then they don't reply until sometime the next day. And it's always a barely legible reply.

As far as I'm aware O2 closed down email support contact sometime ago even tho the link is still available.

I tried and recieved a reply saying that the service was now closed. 

Message 16 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

they didn't bar the phone as I don't get my phones through them.

I have contacted them about the new sim finally arriving. No reply.

As I said I can't call. Shouldn't even be on here!

If you visit an O2 store they will let you use their in store phone to remove the bar on your pay monthly account. 

Message 17 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Their email account 'socialqueries@o2.com' still is active. That was from my complaints on twitter.

The only thing I haven't tried to get this sorted through was facebook, been in person told to go away unless I give them £10, phoned, live chatted, tweeted. Still took 9 days to get a replacement sim and now trying to get it working.

I have emailed, called and tweeted them & DMd them on twitter. No answer to the call as called after 6:30pm and before I left to work and can't check the others as I have no working phone.

Message 18 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Their email account 'socialqueries@o2.com' still is active. That was from my complaints on twitter.

The only thing I haven't tried to get this sorted through was facebook, been in person told to go away unless I give them £10, phoned, live chatted, tweeted. Still took 9 days to get a replacement sim and now trying to get it working.

I have emailed, called and tweeted them & DMd them on twitter. No answer to the call as called after 6:30pm and before I left to work and can't check the others as I have no working phone.

You need to go into your local O2 store and explain the situation again. Bring the sim and any correspondence you received in the mail with you. Tell them this is a replacement sim for a lost phone on a Pay Monthly contract. Make sure you bring proper identification with you. They should be able to look up your account on their computer, and issue you with a working sim right then and there. You are a contract customer. There should be no charge for the sim. The sim may not activate immediately, but if done in store it usually doesn't take long.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 19 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If honest, your best bet is to call instore as I suggested previously. You are getting very little joy via other routes and as you say you need a working phone. Best of luck with this....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 30