cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Handset

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got handset as upgarde in January 2014, my handset deveoped faults. I left my handset with o2 store for repairs March 2014, the handset was lost/stolen between the repair shop and the o2 store.

o2 store now want to replace lost handset with a reconditioned handset.

Can they not give me a new handset in sealed box.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Re con handsets are usually offered from all shops and they have been tested and sometimes a new outer casing affixed.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Re con handsets are usually offered from all shops and they have been tested and sometimes a new outer casing affixed.
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that, someone told me the same thing but I was not sure if they knew what they were talking about.

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lol.

They will be fully tested before being sent out.

When you receive it give it a once over aesthetically and go through using its settings and making calls / texts and internet just to put your mind at rest.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Does that apply even if one is continuing to pay the same monthly charge as was set at the start of a contract?   Surely a reconditioned handset should be offered at a reduced price?

Gerry

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

Does that apply even if one is continuing to pay the same monthly charge as was set at the start of a contract?   Surely a reconditioned handset should be offered at a reduced price?

Gerry

It applies in all cases and rightly or wrongly you agree to it in the T&C's.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the only place left you get a brand new sealed handset now is if you claim through household insurance or bank account cover.

Or Apple if the phone is a new model and they don't have refurbished ones yet.

Don't quote me on that tho. wink
Message 7 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Apple refurbs have a lesser number. Drum

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Given that o2 appear to have lost the device and it is only 5 months old I personally think as a gesture of goodwill it should be a new device.

That said I have a recon and it is fine.
Message 9 of 9