Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I've been waiting on a refund for a few weeks now after returning a phone within the 14 day period.

I called this morning to be told that refunds are in hold due to covid-19 and she was unable to tell me when these will commence again.

I was also told late/missed payments won't encur late fees or have any negative impact on credit files.

Anyone confirm this actually the case?, there's been very little communication from o2 regarding this.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@almondslice 

As we are all customers here like yourself, I doubt anyone can answer that with any certainty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@almondslice 

We have had no official notice of either of those points @almondslice 

I would be very careful about the info on late payments though!

This is the thread to read.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Help-amp-Support-from-O2-during-COVID-19/td-p/1327094 

@Martin-O2 @Marjo  have you any information on this?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@almondslice 

Just to add this from the link I posted above.

• Payment Support: For any of our customers who have been impacted by COVID-19 and are unable to pay their O2 bill due to their individual circumstances, we request that you please call our Customer Services where our Payment Manage team will be able to discuss your individual circumstances with you further and hopefully find a solution. More information on this here: https://www.o2.co.uk/covid-19

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

almondslice
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Was wondering if someone else had been told similar.

By the time the return was processed my airtime and device plan had been debited. So with the upfront cost,  three payments taken. 

Curiously enough, I've received the airtime payment back which I thought would have taken longer due to any potential usage charges. No sign of the other two though which shouldn't  need any scrutiny.
Message 5 of 7

almondslice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Well, I've no issue getting through to suppport but they simply fobbed me off.   Last attempt the advisor said 'I'll just put you on  hold'  and diverted me to an automated message saying "we're unable to help you at this time" and I was cut off.

As I said I've no issues speaking to an advisor, so they can't use the covid-19 as an excuse not to deal with my refund. I've been an O2 customer for years with multiple accounts but really disappointed with getting the run around.

Message 6 of 7

almondslice
  • 14 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Judging by the background noises, these advisors I've spoken to seem to be working from home, maybe its a case of them not be able to process refunds due to their roles/privileges etc.

If that's the case I wish someone would be up front about.

Message 7 of 7