cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is a general 'putting it out there' comment. I've been having texts/calls from o2 as my contract is up for renewal soon. O2 have offered to pay off my contract if I take up another 24 month refresh contract. This sounds good on paper but there's only £45 left of my contract to run! My husband said that he would take the offer if he had it as he has around £200 left on his, could o2 not offer this when someone has, maybe, £180 or so left but with the stipulation that they give the phone back for o2 to refurb and sell?(within reasonable condition to be decided) The customer gets a new phone and o2 get a guaranteed 24 months out of them and will still more than make their money.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Fair idea imho but with refresh you can already do that providing your phone has enough equity.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You get to keep the money for your phone tho and only if u can afford to pay off the remaining refresh. This would get people out of it in another way, just curious.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144378 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Yes see your point. Works better with premium devices currently.
Occasionally o2 do offer this to some customers but it’s not currently available to everyone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93242 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I find it's quite wrong to target only certain people and it seems that this is now a strategic incentive only offered by salesmen over the phone or counter. 

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess if people are desperate for the latest tech they’d take them up on the offer, but hopefully some are more savvy and know the value of their phones, and where to take them for a decent price! 

Your idea is great but I guess o2 like any other company and out for themselves and not the customer!

Message 6 of 6