cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced tariff after end of contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

My O2 contract ended recently. I want to keep my phone and number and stay with O2 (I don't want to upgrade). 

Now that I've paid off my phone I don't want to continue paying as much as I am. 

Can I / how can I reduce my tariff? 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

It depends on what type of contract you are on. If you are on O2 refresh, it will just happen "naturally". When the device plan is paid you are left with just the airtime to pay.

If you are on an "old" style tariff, i.e., CPW, you will need to request the tariff to be changed. If that's the case have a look online for The sim only deals https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity#/tariffs.

Hope this helps slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

It depends on what type of contract you are on. If you are on O2 refresh, it will just happen "naturally". When the device plan is paid you are left with just the airtime to pay.

If you are on an "old" style tariff, i.e., CPW, you will need to request the tariff to be changed. If that's the case have a look online for The sim only deals https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/simplicity#/tariffs.

Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Switch to a monthly or 12 monthly simplicity tariff.
If you give CS a call they will switch your account over for you - no need to change sim cards or anything else at your end http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122373 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous My 24 month contract ended earlier this year. I went with a 12 month Simplicity Sim only tariff. Much better tariff.  I kept my phone and I am now paying £10 a month less.....As someone who has actually done this I can thoroughly recommend it wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simplicity is definitely the way to go. I too took out a 12 month deal after going through to retentions.  Offered me £4 off the tariff and a free accessory kit thrown in. So in effect I got the tariff for £16, 3GB data, unlimited texts and minutes.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just switched from my standard £38 a month to a simplicity 30 day rolling for £28 exact same allowances.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help everyone. 

Message 7 of 7