Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recycle

JHC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have just renewed my contract with o2 and wanted to take advantage of the recycle offer. There was a message at the end of my purchase saying to use my order number as the promo code for an extra £300 when recycling my old phone. Do I have to wait till I receive my order before I can use this offer? Thank you
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JHC 

Some customers have reported that the order number is not accepted until the new phone has registered on the network. This is because the order could be cancelled before fulfilment.

Also note the general T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-recycle with regard to recording your IMEI number, taking pictures of condition of phone and enhanced postage insurance, if required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JHC I wouldn't have thought you'd have to wait, but if you want clarification on it, call customer service in the morning. 

202 from your mobile, or 0800 032 1402.

Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JHC 

Some customers have reported that the order number is not accepted until the new phone has registered on the network. This is because the order could be cancelled before fulfilment.

Also note the general T&C's here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-recycle with regard to recording your IMEI number, taking pictures of condition of phone and enhanced postage insurance, if required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

JHC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This would make sense then. Thank you
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5