Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 rip off

Kevin54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why do 02 like ripping people off. My Samsung note 10 is in very good condition but yet 02 only want to offer me a poxy £257.58p. But yet they want nearly or more than a thousand pounds for the latest ones. Then more than likely in a year's time only offer you a poxy £300.00 for it. Especially if it's in nearly the same condition as when you bought it. I'd rather keep the phone I've got and keep it for year's, than keep having to change it every year. No wonder all of these mobile providers are worth multi million's of pounds, they love ripping us members of the public off.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions

@Kevin54 

All good in theory except that O2 (nor any network) set the prices for new phones and you are free to choose anywhere you can get the best offer to recycle your old phone, although you'll find they all offer very similar prices.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kevin54 Hi, any company will only offer you the trade value, you are better off selling it privately and putting the cash towards a new device. 

Message 3 of 3