cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi/4g calling S7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - I'm moving to a house with zero O2 signal at the weekend.  A few weeks ago I set up WiFi/4G calling with O2 however I don't have the WiFi calling option on my S7 handset.  After an hour on the phone with techies at O2 it seems that Samsung are issuing a software upgrade at some point in the future which will allow WiFi calling on the S7 on O2 purchased handsets, however the facility isn't available yet.  Martin, your comment would seem to contradict this - are you saying that my S7 should indeed have the WiFi/4G facility on the handset please?  Thank you.

Faz

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It seems it's still a bit hit and miss at the mo.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I'm really sorry to drag up an old topic but I'm just wondering if you can help.

I'm also trying to get wifi calling sorted, have flashed latest firmware (It's G930FTEF1DQHZ now) but the option to enable wifi calling still won't show up.

Has anyone else had this issue (or indeed had success with flashing the firmware). It was a samsung handset only purchase orginially.

Many thanks,

Nathan

Message 32 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
All we can offer is the o2 help page.
https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling#15421
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 37

Sinkers
  • 15 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue and I was told that only phones purchased from O2 or possibly from the likes of Carphone Warehouse will work. If the phones originally comes from another provider (Vodafone, EE etc.) then even with O2 software, the wifi / 4G calling options are not available.

Message 34 of 37

kamalaggi
Level 4: Observant
  • 47 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I had the same issue on my Xperia xz premium. After I flashed the O2 software the WiFi calling wasn't showing. I backed everything up and did a factory reset of phone. That fixed it.
Message 35 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 very kindly sent me S7 from O2 as my original S7 was from Carphone Warehouse. However wifi calling still doesn't work even though I have the icon... I have no means of making or receiving calls.. O2 confirmed that they have problems with Android phones. .... Basically if you have a Samsung and intend to rely on wifi calling You will probably be dissapointed...
Message 36 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok further to this. 2 years ago TuGo worked like a dream. In Feb 2017 an update meant it cut out after about 5-7 mins of the majority of calls. In Nov 2017 (I think) O2 removed Tu Go and replaced this with Wi-Fi calling which doesn't have a text facility and doesn't actually work with the vast majority of Android phones. .. My question to O2 is: ... How can this be called progress?
Message 37 of 37