cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wifi/4g calling S7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello - I'm moving to a house with zero O2 signal at the weekend.  A few weeks ago I set up WiFi/4G calling with O2 however I don't have the WiFi calling option on my S7 handset.  After an hour on the phone with techies at O2 it seems that Samsung are issuing a software upgrade at some point in the future which will allow WiFi calling on the S7 on O2 purchased handsets, however the facility isn't available yet.  Martin, your comment would seem to contradict this - are you saying that my S7 should indeed have the WiFi/4G facility on the handset please?  Thank you.

Faz

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149026 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions

How's it going @Anonymous

All sorted or still struggling?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am having problems with Wifi/4G calling.

Have G930FTEF1DQD1 as CSC, enabled on My O2 but yet still no options to enable on my S7....

Firmware is up to date, and as per instruction on WIFI and 4G Calling

Help?

Message 22 of 37

MI5
  • 149026 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Have you rebooted the phone?
How long since you turned it on in your MyO2?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 23 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Near 2 weeks and yes, I've done several reboots since it was enabled on My O2.

Am trying to disabling it again, to re-enable it to see if that works....

Message 24 of 37

MI5
  • 149026 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
That has worked for others in the past.
Message 25 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even after disabling and re-enabling Wifi/4G within My O2, the options still haven't appeared......

Running Version:-

AP: G930FXXU1DQD7

CP: G930FXXU1DQD7

CSC: G930FTEF1DQD1

As per *#1234#

Soft Reset done this morning and no new updates

Message 26 of 37

MI5
  • 149026 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
I can only suggest you call customer service on 202 for further help.
Message 27 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that was a complete waste of time....

I explained to the "Guru" when I purchased my phone, it didn't come with the O2 FW (It was BTU for some reason). And when I found out about Wifi/4G calling was enabled now on the S7 but needed the TEF CSC, I got that version off Sammobile and installed using Odin (at my own risk, I know I know).

Told her my AP, CP and CSC, put on hold; then came back and said I need my phone checked out as I might have installed a dodgey FW variant and insisted on their FW the settings should be there..... It's not....

Not reflashing again, as there's nothing wrong with my phone and clearly its the FW that's at fault.

If you can suggest anything else, please do

Message 28 of 37

MI5
  • 149026 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28463 Solutions
Did you get firmware of Sammobile?
Message 29 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, the latest version of O2U.

Finally got through to a Guru in chat who actually knew about Odin and flashing; and explained that because my primary area isn't 4G Calling enabled so settings aren't there til it's active to get the "push"

If only I can get the "push" when I'm in work, as thats a 4G Calling area

Message 30 of 37