cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: TERRIBLE Customer Service Via Online Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

My contract ended with o2 in April and I was too busy to make any changes, I had nemerous calls from o2 asking me to renew my contract which I said no as they didn'y offer me a better deal that I was on with my BB. On 18th Augst I went in to o2 shop and asked them what I could upgrade to and they persuaded me to take out a new contract with an Xperia Sony phone.

I went back the next day to get some help with the phone and the assistant was so rude that I went home got the packaging and receipt for new phone went back to the shop and cancelled

the contract. I was told when I had 14  days to cancel contract.  They were very difficult and said I would have to wait until Monday as not possible to do it on a Sunday. I had already called o2 from home and they had told me I just had to take it back to the shop and they would deal with it on the Sunday. When I told the assitant ths he agreed to take back the phone and cancel the contact as he said it was in the allowed 7 days.  At this stage I wasn't interested in arguing with hime about the 14 days.

However about 10 days later I got an email telling my bill was due for payment as normal and I decided to check what my final bill was. I was shocked to see it was 392.21 which was 240.00 for handset and balance due to breach of contract and some call less 16. plus cedit on old phone contract.

I immediately cancelled my direct debit with bank which was a very wise move as despite them telling me not to worry they would get it sorted and issue a credit nearly a month later they are still looking for payment.

Has anyone else had this pproblem and how did you get it resolved.  I am just very happy that I cancelled direct debit. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Rosn

O2 normally allow 7 working days to cancel a new contract, 14 days is to return a faulty handset.

We can't take sides or make judgements here but you can raise a formal complaint where all the details will be checked:

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Keep to the facts, what happened before the 18th August can be left out, so just stick to the important points.

Let us know how you get on.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning Rosn,

Obviously your experience has not been a good one and its now down to how o2 resolves this for that counts.

What I would suggest you do is telephone o2 Customer Services on the following numbers to request they quash the outstanding charges you mention, and perhaps ask for a confirmation in writing or e mail just in case anything crops up down the line

Contract Customers.

From your O2 mobile 202 Free

From a landline 0844 809 0202 5p / min

To be honest compiling a complaint to o2 would not get you anywhere apart from a standard apology letter.

I would just concentrate on getting your account clear to stop any chances of default notices going on your Credit File.

Message 3 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

To be honest compiling a complaint to o2 would not get you anywhere apart from a standard apology letter.

The OP is well justified in sending in a complaint, reading the post properly would show this.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have read the post OP's thread properly and given my opinion on how I would deal with this ,as you have given your reply as you would deal with this.

Do not talk down to me please.

I'm never rude to you Perksie and I would appreciate this in return.

Forum etiquette.

4. Respect each other: New members and regular contributors alike, everyone has the right to post their views (constructively), as well as ask a question, regardless of their knowledge.

4.1. Don’t hold other members up for negative judgement if they get something wrong, we were all learners once! It’s a great opportunity for you to teach them about the community and the help they are giving.

Message 5 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Solution - stop writing that my advice is incorrect when it isn't - simple.

You have deliberately told a poster that my advice is wrong, incorrectly.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
As you have said in another theead that I try to push things to a complaint level which I don't.

Where have I said in my reply that Your advice is wrong ?

Or are you reading my reply wrong. wink

Message 7 of 11

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
As you have said in another theead that I try to push things to a complaint level which I don't.

Where have I said in my reply that Your advice is wrong ?

Or are you reading my reply wrong. wink

You were going through a period of posting complaint advice in nearly every thread.

This should be used sparingly for proper complaints as the one on this page.

You have said a complaint  will fail on this page, which it won't if the OP has given the story accurately.

I rarely read your replies incorrectly, and when you give good advice I say nothing, and do not add comments to your replies unnecessarily.

Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was my reply to phone 02 on the customer services to get the charges quashed an unnecessary comment ?

The longer this goes on the more possible chance of o2 defaulting the OP and place a marker on the OP's credit file.

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions