Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing an apple watch/sim only

Lucy0886
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have a sim only contract with 3 for an iphone 8 plus, I'm trying to order an apple watch with o2 but I'm having a massive problem with this pay monthly account thing. I don't know what I need to order for this to work and (admitedly I'm not great with phones) if I go to order a cheap sim only plan on the site it seems to want to give me a different number or use my number from my 3 sim only contract. I'm concerned that if I put in my 3 number it'll cause issues with my 3 contract so I'm really unsure of how to get around this. Any help would be much appreciated as understandably I cannot get through to o2 contact centre at the minute. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lucy0886 

Yes, you need an O2 pay monthly personal account so you'd have to transfer to O2 for your phone.

Can I buy an Apple Watch from O2 if I bought my iPhone through someone else?

Yes, as long as you’re using a compatible iPhone with an O2 Pay Monthly personal account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lucy0886 

You can't use an O2 Apple watch with your Three phone, you do know that?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Lucy0886
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, I literally don't have the first clue with phones so be gentle with me. From what I thought I understood was that if you bought a cellular watch with a data plan you could pair it to any phone regardless of what network it was on? Is it that I'd need to take out a sim only plan with o2, put my current phone number on that and use that in my phone to then be able to use an apple watch?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Lucy0886 

Yes, you need an O2 pay monthly personal account so you'd have to transfer to O2 for your phone.

Can I buy an Apple Watch from O2 if I bought my iPhone through someone else?

Yes, as long as you’re using a compatible iPhone with an O2 Pay Monthly personal account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/apple-watch

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4