Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promo code

Cataholic2020
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 36 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have a promo code for up to £75 off the upfront cost of a new phone, when I go to basket my outstanding balance for my old phone is the less than the upfront cost will the code work & take the outstanding amount of my old device plan ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Cataholic2020 

If your code is for £75 off the upfront cost you need to change the settings to £75 upfront cost, then the code will reduce that to zero. Effectively reducing the cost of the new device by £75.

See this guide for setting your options https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Cataholic2020 

No sorry. The discount is off the new device and not for paying off the old one.

It will just reduce the price of the new device.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Cataholic2020
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 36 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So if I pay off my current device & use the code it should reduce the cost of new device if no upfront cost on new device? 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 148695 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Cataholic2020 

If your code is for £75 off the upfront cost you need to change the settings to £75 upfront cost, then the code will reduce that to zero. Effectively reducing the cost of the new device by £75.

See this guide for setting your options https://www.o2.co.uk/custom-plans

Message 4 of 4