Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with contract phone

PLOW
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Asked last Sunday to transfer O2 pay as you go mobile number to new O2 contract phone. This hasn't happened & now my pay as you go phone has been locked. All my emails,messenger etc were linked to old number. Not able to set up these accounts on new phone due to forgotten the passwords.The pay as you go phone was an old Samsung S4 my wife gave me a few years ago & the new contract phone is the Samsung S10 lite
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
That’s strange and I’m sure it’s really frustrating.Contact o2 on 202 and explain the situation and they will be able to help you out.
Message 2 of 15

Charlieboyoo
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 284 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 6 Solutions
As for the passwords download the apps and go to forgot password.I forget passwords myself too many to remember
Message 3 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144071 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@PLOW 

Not sure what you mean by "locked" ?

Can you explain further please?

If your old sim has lost signal, you need to reboot your new contract phone to assist with the number transfer.

You can also check the status in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 

If you need help from customer service, contact methods here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

PLOW
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Charlieboyoo, I'll try your suggestions regarding the forgotten passwords. M15,my post should have read O2 haven't transferred my old number,but have instead blocked the sim in my old phone & not locked the phone as I'd stated above.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144071 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@PLOW 

That's why I asked if the old SIM had lost signal?

Your new SIM may be faulty if you've rebooted and it's not come online, so worth a quick trip to your local O2 shop for them to check and issue a new SIM if needed. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @PLOW , hope you had a nice weekend! Please do let us know how you're getting on this week with your phone and the old passwords, and if you need any additional help. Did you manage to visit a local store by any chance? slight_smile

Message 7 of 15

PLOW
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Marjo, sadly no joy retrieving passwords as it asks me to enter a code sent via text message to the old Samsung S4 pay as you go phone,but that looks as if its had the sim blocked (can't connect to O2 or use the £15 top up voucher) & without the codes I can't change any passwords (don't have a computer). I'm guessing that because the old S4 phone I'd previously been using belonged to my wife & my new contract phone is in my name that it's caused a query ? Very frustrating though as I'm not able to use the old pay as you go phone for anything unless I'm at home & log on to my BT internet. Contract phone isn't able to be used for emails,messenger,Facebook etc because all accounts are linked to the old phone number which I've asked O2 to tranfer? Not yet had chance to call in the nearest O2 shop due to my work commitments.
Message 8 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122766 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Marjo?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144071 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@PLOW wrote:
Hi Marjo, sadly no joy retrieving passwords as it asks me to enter a code sent via text message to the old Samsung S4 pay as you go phone,but that looks as if its had the sim blocked (can't connect to O2 or use the £15 top up voucher) & without the codes I can't change any passwords (don't have a computer). I'm guessing that because the old S4 phone I'd previously been using belonged to my wife & my new contract phone is in my name that it's caused a query ? Very frustrating though as I'm not able to use the old pay as you go phone for anything unless I'm at home & log on to my BT internet. Contract phone isn't able to be used for emails,messenger,Facebook etc because all accounts are linked to the old phone number which I've asked O2 to tranfer? Not yet had chance to call in the nearest O2 shop due to my work commitments.

Your old sim has been disconnected due to the number transfer to the new sim card.

If this has failed you really do need to go in store for a new sim as yours sounds faulty.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15