cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with buying more data pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I'm new here but 02 are REALLY annoying me...

I have a contract (pay monthly) and a £6 500MB data allowance. For months this has been used within a few days without me using my internet much at all. anyway got that sorted - turns out 02 updates ur apps after midnight (another way to make money id say!) and it used up all my internet. they therefore told me to manually turn it off - now since then (and downloading the android Onavo app which lets me see how much i have used) it has lasted for almost the month.

However this month i needed a bit extra therefore purchased the "one off 100MB data" bolton. this lasted a few hours and my internet was manually turned off. this has happened a lot with this one off purchase ive made recently.

Is anyone else having this problem and is this "one off" purchase just another way for o2 to do us over as the data lasts no time at all?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The data lasts until you use it. It sounds like you have something set on your phone that is syncing excessively. I have 500mb a month and rarely use 300Mb. I also use wifi where possible and obviously don't stream movies. music or video's when on my data plan connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
The data lasts until you use it. It sounds like you have something set on your phone that is syncing excessively. I have 500mb a month and rarely use 300Mb. I also use wifi where possible and obviously don't stream movies. music or video's when on my data plan connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

I'm not sure but it's possible that if you have gone over your data allowance and you purchase a further data bolt on, any amount you have gone over could be taken out of your added bolt on. Perhaps someone can confirm or state that this isn't the case based on their own experience?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Yes jonsie, that is correct. If you had gone over (in throttle mode) by 25mb and then bought a 100mb yoou would only have 75mb to use. Seems a little unfair but them's the rules......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

So 100 Mb isn't going to stretch very far once you've gone over your normal allowance.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You are better off waiting until your next bill period as you would get your full allowance back then.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6