cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with bill due to O2's error. Useless support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really need to type much explanitory text here. Let me just show you my support chat records and you can see all the fun and games for yourself...

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
You're through to 'O2 : Aju'
Aju: Hi I'm O2 : Aju. How can I help?
Lindsay: Hi. I had a technical issue last month (which I believe was a
network issue as it resolved itself) which caused multiple copies of each
text I sent to be sent to my friends (as the network was repeatedly
reporting to my phone that messages weren't being delivered, causing it to
attempt to resend multiple times). As a result, dozens of multiples of
every message I sent that day were delivered to my friends' phones, causing
me to go over my 500 text limit. I only realised this when checking my
bill, which has over £40 of additional text charges as I was not notified
that I had exceeded my inclusive text limit. I can tell that this was
directly caused by the technical issue, as the numbers that I texted that
day, and only those numbers, have a huge number of texts next to them on my
itemised bill. I don't think it's acceptable that I should have to pay
additional charges when I would not have gone outside of my limit had it
not been for this technical fault. What can be done about this?
Aju: I'm sorry for the trouble.
Aju: I'll sort that out for you now.
Aju: Please help me with your full name.
Lindsay: Lindsay **********
Aju: Thank you.
Aju: Please can you tell me the 1st and 3rd character of your security
answer?
Lindsay: not sure what the answer would be, is there a question attached to
it?
Aju: I'll help you.
Aju: Your post code when you ordered the mobile number.
Lindsay: would that be the delivery or billing address?
Aju: Yes.
Lindsay: No, is it the delivery address, or is it the billing address? they
are seperate postcodes
Aju: It's the post code of the address when you ordered the mobile number.
Lindsay: That's not answering my question. I will assume billing address.
Lindsay: If that's the case the 1st character is * and the 3rd is *
Aju: That's perfect.
Aju: Thanks for the information. Please give me a few minutes while I check
this for you.
Lindsay: Thank you
Aju: You're welcome.
Aju: I'm checking your bill.
Aju: Thank you for waiting.
Aju: As I've checked you've been charged for text multiple times.
Aju: So I'll be going to forward your concern to our team and they'll check
it for you and as per the information from your bill about the text which
went to a same numbers multiple times, you'll be credited for that.
Lindsay: Thank you
Aju: You're welcome Lindsay.
Aju: And we're sorry for the trouble which you've faced.
Aju: We're always at your service.
Lindsay: How will I be contacted when they have looked into it?
Aju: I'll help you.
Aju: It'll get reflect in your next bill.
Aju: The credit will be shown as Goodwill.
Lindsay: Does that mean I will have to pay the current bill as it stands? I
can't afford to do that
Aju: Okay.
Aju: Please allow me few minutes.
Lindsay: OK
Aju: Thank you for waiting.
Aju: I'll take a request for you with regards to your payment.
Aju: And I'll leave a note on your account that you will make the payment
of this month with the next months bill.
Aju: And till then you'll have the amount credited and you'll be able to
make the payment easily.
Lindsay: OK, that sounds better
Aju: Hope I've helped you with all your queries.
Aju: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Lindsay: Is it possible confirmation of what you've just told me sent to me
in writing? For example by email.
Aju: Please don't worry Lindsay.
Aju: I'll help you with the reference number of the request which I'll be
going to forward personally to get it fixed for you.
Aju: ********* - Reference number.
Lindsay: Thank you.
Aju: You're welcome.
Aju: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Lindsay: no, that's everything, thank you.
Aju: My pleasure Lindsay slight_smile
Aju: It was great helping you.
Lindsay: goodbye

A month later, no sign of the credit. The full huge bill has been carried over to this month.

You're through to 'O2 : Joyal'

Joyal: Hi I'm O2 : Joyal. How can I help?

Lindsay: Hi. I had a technical issue a while back (which as far as I’m aware was a network issue as it resolved itself) which caused multiple copies of each text I sent to be sent to my friends (as the network was repeatedly reporting to my phone that messages weren't being delivered, causing it to attempt to resend multiple times). As a result, dozens of multiples of every message I sent that day were delivered to my friends' phones, causing me to go over my 500 text limit. I only realised this when checking my bill, which has over £40 of additional text charges as I was not notified that I had exceeded my inclusive text limit. I can tell that this was directly caused by the technical issue, as the numbers that I texted that day, and only those numbers, have a huge number of texts next to them on my itemised bill. I spoke to one of your colleagues about this last month when I received the bill, and they told me that I would receive a credit on my account for the additional charges which would allow me to pay the bill. However I have yet to see any sign of this credit and the charges have been carried over to this month’s bill with no further contact. Can you let me know what can be done to resolve this?

Lindsay: I was given a reference number for my last conversation, which was *******. I also have a full record of the conversation if needed.

Joyal: Please give me few minutes while I read that for you.

Lindsay: ok

Joyal: Thanks.

Joyal: Please be online while I'm checking.

Lindsay: OK

Joyal: Thanks.

Joyal: Thanks for your patience.

Joyal: As the network investigation team is still working on this. You'll get the credit in the next months bill.

Lindsay: OK. What can I do until then? My bill has now gone up to over £90 and I can't afford to pay that until I get the credit

Joyal: I understand your concern.

Joyal: You can call our payments team they'll help you with the payment.

Joyal: Do you want me to give you the number?

Lindsay: I'm not able to call, I'm at work. That's why I need to resolve this online

Lindsay: I don't see why I should have to be chasing up to pay, this should have been resolved a month ago

Lindsay: I was told at the time that your colleague could see that multiple texts had been sent in error

Lindsay: it shouldn't take a month to resolve that and sort out a credit

Joyal: I'm sorry to know that.

Joyal: But as the payments team is available on phone only.

Joyal: You can call our Payments team on 0844 826 0290 (5p/min from a BT landline) from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 6pm on weekends. If you dial 2729 from any O2 Pay Monthly phone, its free.

Joyal: Or you can wait till your next bill.

Lindsay: I don't see how they are going to be able to help. I can't pay the bill as it stands

Lindsay: Until I get the credit I can't pay the bill. It's as simple as that

Joyal: I understand but I'm not the perfect person who can help you with this.

Lindsay: I can see that. But I can't contact via phone at the moment and there is no email address provided for contact so I don't see what option you leave me

Joyal: I'm sorry. But there are no options you'll have to call.

Lindsay: I don't see why I should have to call when this was not my error.

Lindsay: I was told a MONTH ago that this would be resolved for me

Lindsay: the bill was put on hold until this month so that I could make the payment

Joyal: Sorry for the trouble.

Lindsay: as you can see, the problem has now become quite complicated and I'm sick of having to repeat myself to every new person I contact.

Lindsay: I am not willing to pay a huge bill that wouldn't be so huge if it weren't for a mistake that was made by your company.

Joyal: Lindsay, I can understand the frustration that you're facing at the moment.

Joyal: I've read your account notes as well as I've checked your account and I request you to call to our payments as they'll make the arrangements for you for the payment.

Joyal: Or you can wait till the next month bill and the credit will get adjusted in your account.

Lindsay: I'm happy to wait to next month's bill, but I need to be assured that the credit will be made this time. I was told exactly the same thing last month.

Joyal: You can take this chat as the confirmation.

Lindsay: Also I need to know that I'm not going to be penalised for the payment being made next month. It already appears that my data allowance has been cut off. unless this is another network issue.

Joyal: No you won't get penalized.

This afternoon, not really surprisingly, my phone wasn't working. Online again...

Akhil: Hi I'm O2 : Akhil. How can I help?
Lindsay: Hi there. I am currently unable to access data on my phone. It was working fine this morning. I have a blackberry bold 9930
Akhil: Sorry for trouble
Akhil: Can I've your full name and mobile number?
Lindsay: Lindsay ***, 07********
Akhil: Please can you tell me the 4th and 5th character of your security answer?
Lindsay: * and *
Lindsay: oh, i've just tried to send a text and that isn't working either
Akhil: Your post code when you ordered the mobile
Lindsay: yes, the 4th character is * and the 5th is also *.
Akhil: Your question is :Your post code when you ordered the mobile
Lindsay: yes, I know, I answered you.
Lindsay: the 4th character of my answer is * and so is the 5th character.
Akhil: sorry
Akhil: That's right
Akhil: Let me quickly check your account
Akhil: Thanks for your time
Akhil: Your account is barred due to non payment.
Akhil: Once you'll make the payment you'll be able to make and receive text and calls
Lindsay: I spoke to one of your colleagues yesterday about this
Lindsay: I am due a credit because I was billed for multiple texts that my phone sent in error due to a network error
Lindsay: until I am given this credit I am unable to pay the bill
Lindsay: this has been under investigation for over a month and nothing has been done
Lindsay: I was told yesterday I would get the credit next month and would not have to pay the bill until then
Lindsay: I asked if I would still have full access to my plan and was told 100% yes I would
Lindsay: and that I would not be penalised in any way for late payment of the bill.
Lindsay: so your colleague lied to me?
Lindsay: there should be a number of notes on my account regarding this.
Lindsay: are you still there?
Lindsay: can you reply to me please
Akhil: Sure.
Lindsay: ...well?
Akhil: You need to contact our payments team Lindsay.
Akhil: Please call us on 08448 090 202 or dial 202 free from your O2 Pay Monthly mobile and 5p from your landline number. They'll help you with your concerns. We're available: - Monday to Friday between 8am and 9pm and - Saturday between 8am and 8pm , Sunday between 8am and 6pm
Lindsay: Can you have them contact me please. I don't have the time to be chasing anyone up. I have explained myself repeatedly and this should have been sorted out OVER a month ago.
Lindsay: for a start, I can't call anyone, because my account has been blocked
Akhil: I'm sorry as I'm part of web chat team so I can do this for you
Lindsay: this is the only phone I have. I don't have a landline
Lindsay: there is no way I can call anyone.
Lindsay: either you're going to have to sort this out for me or someone will have to ring me. there's no other way.
Akhil: I'm sorry to resume the services you need to make the payment first

I was then disconnected as my work's internet is dodgy at the moment. So that's where I am. Stuck. Any advice?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

As its an accounts issue, call cs, all contact information is in contact us at bottom of page, don't bother using web chat for accounts as you will get better help & people who know what they are doing if you phone instead

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I only skimmed the conversations but can see what is going on.

All these chat logs are pasted in your account notes. Call CS on 202 and ask them to have a read over the transcripts and they will then rectify your bill and payment options going forward and remove any bars if they are a result of O2's error.

Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The OP can't call CS on 202. Her account has been barred.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
In theory the bar placed on the acc should divert all calls to CS. If however the acc is fully barred you can pop into an O2 store and they'll call CS for you or use the 0844 number if that's possible.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the company wonders why people don't like webchat.... 

There's a fairly large assumption there that this is O2's fault and O2's fault alone (I'm not saying I disagree with the customer but seems not enough investigation done by the webchat agent and they've assumed the customer is right).

If her phone is faulty, software bug or otherwise, it could in theory have sent multiple messages via the network. 

Without seeing the account and the number of message footprints on the network I couldn't say for sure,  However had I taken the call, I'd have done far more investigation than the webchat advisor did.

Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And the company wonders why people don't like webchat.... 

There's a fairly large assumption there that this is O2's fault and O2's fault alone (I'm not saying I disagree with the customer but seems not enough investigation done by the webchat agent and they've assumed the customer is right).

If her phone is faulty, software bug or otherwise, it could in theory have sent multiple messages via the network. 

Without seeing the account and the number of message footprints on the network I couldn't say for sure,  However had I taken the call, I'd have done far more investigation than the webchat advisor did.

Does the company wonder why people don't like webchat? Are they aware of all the complaints made about it on the forum?

As you are in a stronger position to bring this to the attention of someone who may be in a senior position, it might be an idea to show this thread to them.

Am I right in thinking that webchat is outsourced and not UK based?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Does the company wonder why people don't like webchat? Are they aware of all the complaints made about it on the forum?

As you are in a stronger position to bring this to the attention of someone who may be in a senior position, it might be an idea to show this thread to them.

Am I right in thinking that webchat is outsourced and not UK based?

Yes they are off-shore and outsourced.  As is some of the telephone customer service.

Customer service staff, by and large, absolutely detest webchat.  The reason being is that we get to hear the horror stories, and see the daft promises they make customers.  And we then have to pick up the pieces.

We tell the company how much we hate it.  The reply is, always and without fail, that we're biased because we only see the bad stuff.  We don't see the many thousands of positive interactions.

Maybe they're right (to an extent) and maybe the users of the forum are the same in that they only get to hear the horror stories.  But like it or lump it, the service is here to stay.

The real truth is that it is cost-effective, and the company has factored in a few complaints here and there as being acceptable as a consequence of the cost-saving.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
This just supports why we as regular members always ask people not to use live chat for these types of problems.

They are ok for information sourcing etc but not to resolve issues with accounts etc.

I hope you get this sorted as it obviously does not favour well on how 02 does business.
Message 10 of 12