Did you mean: 

Price Increase 2023

Confused_Man
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was searching the web to see what actual price increase O2 would charge this year - I only joined last November. I found this "The price increases at O2 do not affect existing customers, but new contracts and prepaid tariffs", taken from this story:

https://newsrnd.com/news/20**Personal info**-o2-mobile-phone-tariffs-are-becoming-more-expensive--th...

Is this correct, or are further price rises to be announced? 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Terms and Conditions are a bit like me arguing with the Mrs.

You start off well and then when it gets tedious you hit accept 🤣

Admit this is not a good idea in general, but when applied to the marriage situation it's kept us together for 51 years

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 21 of 33

gmarkj
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Only ones that don't do a price rise (as far as I know) are Tesco and maybe Sky - but wouldn't hold my breath that will stay the same for long!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 33

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@gmarkj Tesco has gone the way of all flesh. Unless you have bought via a Clubcard account. All new customers and those out of contract are to be hit by 17.3%

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 23 of 33

gmarkj
  • 12316 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1146 Solutions

Yeah saw that after posting.

Ouch!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 33

Lindsey3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No its not! I joined September last year on a 18 month contract and it's going up  17.9%.

At 70 my pension went up by 3% last rise so I think this is disgusting 

Message 25 of 33

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Sorry, it's what people signed up to.

I'm a pensioner @75 and don't get max state pension because of 20 years self employment but I knew these rises were on the cards that's why my contract was taken out in April for 12 months only. I've used similar tactics across the networks for some time, and I now pay less for more than I did 6 years ago!

Message 26 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

Sorry, it's what people signed up to.

I'm a pensioner @75 and don't get max state pension because of 20 years self employment but I knew these rises were on the cards that's why my contract was taken out in April for 12 months only. I've used similar tactics across the networks for some time, and I now pay less for more than I did 6 years ago!

Excellent idea @Enlli.

I suppose the same tactic would work on a 12month sim only contract (which I've got)?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 33

Lindsey3
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I took out a virgin media volt contract that includes O2 mobile as a separate item, the order was made over the phone and no details of the mobile contract given. The only thing I got from O2 was a message to inform me the order had been received. Didn't get a contract. They tell me at the shop that I have accepted the contract for 18 months because I used the sim.

Message 28 of 33

Enlli
  • 7072 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Cleoriff 

Only do SIM only. Got the £8 for 20Gb last year on O2. Then O2 offered me a change of tariff to 30Gb for same money.

Having Virgin Broadband double that to 60Gb ..not bad for £8

Message 29 of 33

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

@Cleoriff 

Only do SIM only. Got the £8 for 20Gb last year on O2. Then O2 offered me a change of tariff to 30Gb for same money.

Having Virgin Broadband double that to 60Gb ..not bad for £8

That's great @Enlli 😉

I haven't got Volt but I don't use much data anyway. I'm usually well within range of my own (or family Wifi)

Currently I've been upgrading during January sales but I'll be trying your method from now on.

Thanks for that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 33